Only four Uttar Pradesh IAS officers declare assetsApril 19th, 2011 - 10:34 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, April 19 (IANS) Nearly 500 officers belonging to the Uttar Pradesh cadre of the Indian Administrative Service (IAS) appeared to be in a fix Tuesday over declaration of their assets.
No more than four officers have come forward to furnish details of their assets so far, even though barely 24 hours were left for the prescribed April 20 deadline by the union government’s department of personnel .
As per a circulation issued by the department, all IAS officers across the country were required to furnish details of the immovable assets held by them and their immediate family latest by April 20.
In an unprecedented move, the union government has also decided to put such details in the public domain.
“I do not think anybody can avoid declaration of his assets for very long as the government was also planning to hold back promotions of officers who do not adhere to the new rule,” said a senior IAS officer here.
While the All India Service Rules (1968) have always contained the provision for annual declaration of assets by officers belonging to all Group ‘A’ services, including the IAS, there was no restriction on promotions in case of default by any officer.
With effect from this year, however, the department of personnel had decided not to promote officers beyond the joint secretary level if they fail to submit their annual returns of immovable property, the officer pointed out.
- 31 senior officers face corruption charges - Aug 03, 2011
- Bihar's anti-corruption drive: Declare assets or go without salary, says Nitish - Jan 27, 2011
- Bihar first state to make officials' assets public (Lead) - Mar 10, 2011
- Bihar first state to make officials' assets public - Mar 10, 2011
- Chhattisgarh chief minister, legislators to declare assets - Mar 09, 2010
- Bihar's 5.5 lakh officials to declare assets by Feb 28 - Jan 08, 2012
- Declaring assets right step: Sibal - Jun 09, 2011
- Bihar moves another step to weed out corruption - Mar 01, 2011
- Army to get vigilance wing to curb scams: Gen. Singh - Jan 14, 2011
- IAS officers among dozen under scanner in Kashmir - Aug 29, 2010
- Government employees in Madhya Pradesh asked to declare assets - Feb 17, 2010
- No asset details, 70,000 Bihar officials could lose salary - Mar 02, 2011
- Punjab IAS officers to encourage voluntary assets' disclosure - Dec 16, 2009
- Contestants in Bengal polls will have to file tax details - Feb 28, 2011
- Bihar to confiscate BJP lawmaker's assets - Feb 04, 2012