Online donation to Bodh Gaya temple beginsMarch 4th, 2010 - 3:42 pm ICT by IANS
Patna, March 4 (IANS) Online donations can now be made to Bodh Gaya’s 1,500-year-old Mahabodhi Temple, Buddhism’s holiest shrine.
“An online donation facility to the Mahabodhi Temple was introduced Wednesday,” Bodh Gaya Temple Management Committee (BGTMC) secretary N. Dorje told IANS over phone Thursday.
The BGTMC has tied up with HDFC bank to facilitate online donations. The bank has extended e-collection facility through HDFC Bank Payment Gateway.
Bodh Gaya, located 110 km from here and where the Buddha attained enlightenment 2,550 years ago, was declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 2002.
- Rename Gaya airport after Buddha: Nitish - Jun 11, 2011
- Gere in Bodh Gaya to attend Dalai Lama's discourse - Jan 02, 2012
- Buddhists to throng Bodh Gaya Thursday for special rites - Dec 27, 2010
- Monks upset over Dalai Lama not raising temple issue - May 28, 2010
- Buddhist monks want control of Bodh Gaya temple - Nov 27, 2009
- Buddhist monks to protest over control of Bodh Gaya temple - Feb 22, 2010
- Paswan wants Buddhist control over Bodh Gaya's Mahabodhi temple - Dec 29, 2009
- Buddhist monks to get ID cards in Bodh Gaya - Sep 02, 2011
- Shutdown in Bodh Gaya against anti-encroachment drive - Aug 08, 2011
- High security for Dalai Lama's visit to Bodh Gaya - Jan 03, 2010
- Unesco unhappy with Mahabodhi temple - Jun 26, 2010
- Buddhist body loses cool after power cut in Bodh Gaya - Mar 10, 2011
- Buddhist monks on hunger strike for control over Bodh Gaya temple - Jan 02, 2010
- Dried branches of Bodhi tree chopped - Aug 01, 2012
- Buddha Purnima celebrated at Bodh Gaya - May 27, 2010
Tags: bgtmc, bodh gaya, buddha, buddhism, donations, dorje, enlightenment, mahabodhi temple, management committee, patna, payment gateway, unesco, unesco world heritage, unesco world heritage site, world heritage site