ONGC net profit dips 43.3 percent in third quarterJanuary 28th, 2009 - 8:12 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Jan 28 (IANS) State-run upstream major Oil and Natural Gas Corp Wednesday reported 43.3 percent dip in its net profit for the quarter ended Dec 31, owing to low crude prices.The company’s net profit for the third quarter fell to Rs.24.75 billion (Rs.2,475 crore/$506 million) from Rs.43.7 billion a year ago.
ONGC’s sales revenue saw a decline of 17 percent to Rs.125.2 billion from Rs.152.2 billion in the year-ago period.
The company paid Rs.48.99 billion as fuel subsidies in the October-December quarter as against Rs.60.8 billion in the corresponding period last year.
Crude oil production dipped to 6.49 million tonnes in the quarter from 6.62 million tonnes a year ago.
- ONGC net profit dips 43.3 percent in third quarter (Lead) - Jan 28, 2009
- Reliance Industries net profit rises 28 percent to Rs.5,136 crore - Jan 21, 2011
- Indian Oil registers Rs.3,388 crore loss - Jul 24, 2010
- Infosys net up 33 percent in third quarter - Jan 12, 2012
- ONGC third quarter net profit rises 23 percent (Second Lead) - Jan 21, 2010
- Sensex slips 477 points on high crude prices, profit booking (Roundup) - Feb 27, 2012
- Wipro net up 10 percent in third quarter - Jan 21, 2011
- Reliance Industries net profit up 14 percent - Apr 21, 2011
- Coal India posts 64 percent rise in net profit - Aug 13, 2011
- Coal India's Q3 net up by 54 percent - Feb 13, 2012
- Wipro's IT outlook remains flat on marginal growth (Lead) - Jan 20, 2012
- Kolkata Port profits up 29 percent, cargo handling down - Jun 12, 2012
- UCO Bank's Q3 net jumps 10 percent (Lead) - Feb 01, 2012
- Global uncertainty not affecting IT industry: Premji (Second Lead) - Jan 20, 2012
- Wipro admits to performing lower than industry peers (Second Lead) - Oct 22, 2010