One-way traffic from Jammu to Srinagar MondayJanuary 23rd, 2012 - 12:46 pm ICT by IANS
Srinagar, Jan 23 (IANS) The Srinagar-Jammu highway will remain open for one-way traffic Monday as only stranded trucks and state owned buses will be allowed to move from Jammu to Srinagar.
“Trucks stranded on the highway between Jammu and Srinagar will be allowed to move towards the Kashmir Valley and State Road Transport Corporation (SRTC) buses carrying passengers from Jammu to Srinagar will ply on the highway. No light vehicle will be allowed to move either from Jammu to Srinagar or in the opposite direction Monday,” Hemant Kumar Lohia, inspector general of police (Traffic), told the media.
Meanwhile, due to landslides in the Uri sector of the Srinagar-Muzaffarabad road, the Karvan-e-Aman (peace bus) between Srinagar and Muzaffarabad scheduled for Monday has been cancelled.
Last week too, the run of the peace bus had been cancelled because of inclement weather and the threat of landslides.
- Over 1,200 stranded passengers ferried by IAF (Second Lead) - Jan 22, 2012
- Snowfall cuts off Kashmir from rest of country - Jan 16, 2012
- Srinagar-Jammu highway open for one-way traffic - Jan 22, 2012
- Jammu-Srinagar highway open to one-way traffic - Jan 10, 2012
- Those stranded in Srinagar, Jammu to be airlifted (Lead) - Jan 20, 2012
- Srinagar-Jammu highway opened to one-way traffic - Jan 09, 2012
- Landslides block Srinagar-Muzaffarabad road - Feb 10, 2010
- Srinagar-Jammu highway opened for one-way traffic - Feb 17, 2011
- IAF sorties for stranded passengers in Jammu and Kashmir - Jan 20, 2012
- Jammu-Srinagar highway opens for one-way traffic - Mar 05, 2011
- Srinagar-Jammu highway re-opened to traffic - Feb 16, 2012
- One-way traffic on Jammu-Srinagar highway (With Images) - Jan 11, 2012
- One-way traffic likely on Srinagar-Jammu highway - Jan 20, 2012
- Landslides block Srinagar-Jammu highway - Aug 04, 2012
- IAF sorties between Srinagar and Jammu begin (Lead) - Jan 21, 2012