One sent to jail for assaulting Bengal scientist, daughterApril 19th, 2012 - 10:59 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, April 19 (IANS) A West Bengal court Thursday sent a man to three days’ police custody for allegedly assaulting a retired scientist and molesting his daughter.
“Gautam Pal has been sent to three days’ police custody by a court here. He has been charged with several offences including non bailable ones under the Indian Penal Code,” the duty officer of Baruipur police station in South 24 Parganas, under which the incident happened, said.
Aparesh Bhattacharya 60, who retired as senior principal scientist of the Indian Institute of Biology in February and his daughter lived as a tenant in Pal’s house.
The duo had Tuesday made a complaint that a group of 30 people had Sunday barged in their house and not only assaulted them but also stripped the woman naked. They had alleged that all this was done at the behest of Pal who wanted them to vacate the house.
Police had allegedly refused to register the complaint at first but later arrested Pal and presented him in a court.
- Thrashed, daughter stripped naked, says retired Bengal scientist - Apr 18, 2012
- Bengal teacher who dared ex-legislator granted bail - May 10, 2012
- Man dies in police custody in Ghaziabad, two cops suspended - Jun 13, 2012
- Ex-Trinamool legislator surrenders over assault, gets bail - Apr 30, 2012
- Two held for molesting minors in Bengal - Sep 02, 2012
- Mamata's nephew sent to one day's judicial custody (Lead) - Mar 01, 2012
- It's a conspiracy, says family of arrested Asiad medallist (Second lead) - Jun 15, 2012
- Four 'Trinamool workers' held for thrashing professor (Lead) - Apr 14, 2012
- Astrologer held for molesting woman - Feb 17, 2012
- Norway kids in new family row - May 25, 2012
- Ruchika case: Witness accuses CBI of shielding cops - Dec 21, 2010
- Pinki files theft complaint against live-in partner - Jul 15, 2012
- Sons, daughters-in-law arrested for parading widowed mother half naked - Aug 24, 2012
- Jadavpur professor concerned about his family's security - Apr 14, 2012
- Kolkata woman who alleged gangrape does volte face - Aug 14, 2012