One pilgrim killed as bus overturns in PunjabJune 17th, 2011 - 5:02 pm ICT by IANS
Anandpur Sahib (Punjab), June 17 (IANS) A woman was killed and a man was critically injured when a bus carrying pilgrims overturned near this Punjab town Friday, police said.
At least 19 others were injured in the accident. The bus was coming from Haridwar in Uttarakhand.
“The accident occurred at a sharp turn in village Dher. A woman died on the spot whereas 20 people were injured,” a Punjab Police official told IANS.
“All of them were taken to the civil hospital in Rupnagar and one of the injured was in very serious condition,” he added.
Anandpur Sahib in Rupnagar district is around 60 km from state capital Chandigarh.
- Five killed as bus rolls down gorge in Himachal Pradesh - Dec 22, 2009
- Five killed as bus rolls down gorge on Punjab-HP border - Dec 22, 2009
- Pilgrim killed in Gurgaon - Jul 17, 2012
- 22 tourists killed in Uttarakhand bus accident (Lead) - Jan 06, 2011
- Five killed as Manali-Delhi bus rolls down gorge in Himachal (Lead) - Dec 22, 2009
- Three Delhi pilgrims killed in Punjab (Lead) - May 10, 2010
- Eight students among 12 killed in Haryana road accident - Apr 28, 2011
- Seven Gujarat pilgrims killed in Punjab accident - Nov 06, 2011
- 30 pilgrims dead in Maharashtra bus accident (Lead) - Jun 16, 2012
- Eight people killed in Jharkhand road accident - Jul 06, 2012
- Bus accident kills 22 in northern India - Jan 06, 2011
- Six pilgrims killed in Haryana accident - Oct 16, 2010
- Bus accident in northern Pakistan kills 6, injures 23 - Jan 17, 2012
- Three Delhi pilgrims killed in Punjab - May 10, 2010
- Missing Punjab official found dead - Nov 29, 2011