One more held in fake pilot licence scamApril 16th, 2011 - 12:02 am ICT by IANS
New Delhi, April 15 (IANS) One more pilot was arrested here for getting a licence on the basis of forged documents, Delhi Police said Friday.
Saif Misbah was arrested from Mayapuri area in south Delhi Thursday after Directorate General of Civil Aviation (DGCA) forwarded three new names to police in the scam.
During the interrogation, Misbah admitted that he used forged marksheets to obtain a commercial pilot licence.
“We are trying to identify from whom Saif Misbah had obtained the document,” said a senior police officer.
Delhi Police have so far arrested 12 people in the fake pilot licence scam. Two pilots have been arrested by Rajasthan Police.
Three pilots and a flying instructor against whom a lookout notice was issued March 28 are still on the run.
They are pilots Swaran Singh Talwar of MDLR airlines, Syed Habib Ali and Bhupinder Singh, who have not joined any airline, and instructor D. Asatkar.
All airports and ports have been put on alert to prevent them from fleeing the country.
- Fake pilot on the run held in capital - Apr 20, 2011
- Lookout notices issued for three fake pilots, instructor - Mar 28, 2011
- Three more pilots under scanner for fake licence - Apr 12, 2011
- Fake pilot scam: Files go missing from DGCA - Apr 19, 2011
- Two more held in fake pilot scam - Apr 05, 2011
- Fake pilot scam: Delhi Police issues lookout notice against four persons - Mar 28, 2011
- One more fake pilot arrested (Lead) - Apr 04, 2011
- Fake pilots: Four more held - Mar 26, 2011
- Fake pilot scam: Two DGCA staffers held for forgery (Lead) - Apr 06, 2011
- Aviation regulator to screen 4,000 pilots for fake licences - Mar 14, 2011
- Two more arrested in fake pilots' license scam - May 05, 2011
- Fake pilot licence issue may be limited to few: official - Mar 14, 2011
- One more held in fake pilots' licence scam (Second Lead) - Apr 20, 2011
- Fake pilot scam: Govt. directs DGCA to probe all pilot licenses - Mar 15, 2011
- Expert committee to look into pilot licence procedures - Mar 15, 2011
Tags: airports, bhupinder singh, civil aviation, commercial pilot, delhi police, directorate general, flying instructor, habib ali, interrogation, lookout, mdlr airlines, misbah, New Delhi, pilot licence, police officer, ports, saif, south delhi, talwar, three pilots