One more body recovered in HimachalJuly 8th, 2012 - 3:19 pm ICT by IANS
Shimla, July 8 (IANS) Rescue workers Sunday recovered one more body from Himachal Pradesh’s Sirmaur district while the fate of six washed away while crossing a flooded rivulet is still not known.
With this the death toll in Saturday’s accident has risen to two, Deputy Superintendent of Police N.S. Negi said.
Eight people of a marriage party were swept away while crossing a flooded rivulet in Paonta Sahib, some 150 km from here.
Negi said the body of an 18-year-old man was recovered 35 km downstream in neighbouring Haryana’s Yamunanagar district. The first body was also recovered from there on the day of the accident.
The victims were in four vehicles. They got struck while crossing the rivulet but most of them managed to save themselves.
Rainfed rivulets in the low hills of the state cause massive damage every monsoon.
- Three more bodies recovered in Himachal disaster (Lead) - Jul 08, 2012
- Eight washed away in Himachal - Jul 07, 2012
- Himachal accident toll rises to 15 (Lead) - Jan 13, 2012
- Heavy rains predicted in Himachal - Jul 08, 2012
- 39 people have died in Himachal rains - Sep 10, 2011
- Heavy rains forecast in Himachal hills - Jul 07, 2011
- Heavy rains likely in Himachal - Jun 26, 2011
- 24 people hit by food poisoning in Himachal - Apr 06, 2011
- Toll in Himachal bus accident rises to three - Jul 29, 2010
- Five rescued from swollen Himachal river - Jul 15, 2011
- Monsoon active again in Himachal - Sep 03, 2012
- Himachal bus accident: Five victims still missing (Lead) - Jul 28, 2010
- Himachal strawberries reap fruits of love! - Feb 12, 2011
- 12 killed as bus falls into swollen Himachal rivulet - Aug 10, 2011
- Dry spell raises temperatures in Himachal hills - Jul 18, 2012