One more arrested in Bhanwari caseJanuary 17th, 2012 - 11:57 pm ICT by IANS
Jodhpur, Jan 17 (IANS) One more accused in the disappearance of Rajasthan nurse Bhanwari Devi was arrested by the CBI Tuesday, taking the number of arrests in the case to 13, sources said.
The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) arrested Ashok Bishnoi soon after he surrendered before police. He would be presented in a court Wednesday.
“Bishnoi is a member of the Bishnaram Bishnoi gang which was involved in disposing of the nurse’s body Sep 1. He and three others, Bishnaram, Omprakash and Umeshram, had burnt Bhanwari Devi’s body and dumped her remains in a canal near Joloda village in Jodhpur,” sources in the CBI told IANS.
Bishnaram, Omprakash and Umeshram have already been arrested.
The Central Forensic Science Laboratory (CFSL) recently recovered some items, including bones, from a crater and a canal near Jaloda village suspecting these to be belonging to the nurse.
The recovered articles included two guns, a gunny bag, a bat, some bone fragments, a charred mobile phone, a locket, a watch and bracelet, believed to be that of the nurse.
Bhanwari Devi, allegedly shown in a compromising position with sacked Rajasthan minister Mahipal Maderna in a CD, had gone missing Sep 1 last year.
The case has seen the arrest of Maderna and Congress legislator from Luni constituency Malkhan Singh.
Meanwhile, member of parliament from Pali constituency Badriram Jakhar Tuesday met Malkhan Singh at the Jodhpur Central Jail.
“Jakhar spoke with the legislator for almost 15 minutes,” sources in the jail said.
In a charge sheet filed earlier by the CBI, it was alleged that three men kidnapped the nurse from Jodhpur’s Bilara area Sep 1, killed her and then handed over her body to a gang of criminals headed by Bishnaram Bishnoi.
According to sources close to the CBI, Maderna and Congress legislator Malkhan Singh were hand-in-glove in the entire conspiracy as the nurse was blackmailing both of them.
Maderna was believed to be blackmailed on the basis of a CD showing him in a compromising position with the nurse.
The two politicians allegedly roped in Sahiram Bishnoi, who hired Sohan Lal, Balia and Shahabuddin, for the task of kidnapping the nurse.
Maderna, Malkhan, the three kidnappers and Sahiram along with Amarchand, husband of Bhanwari Devi, have been arrested by the CBI. Amarchand is at present in judicial custody.
The CBI also arrested Malkhan’s brother Parasram Bishnoi as well as two others.
- Bhanwari Devi case: Ashes sent to Delhi for DNA test (Lead) - Jan 06, 2012
- Missing nurse case: CBI quizzes arrested legislator's mother - Jan 31, 2012
- Nurse case: Two accused sent to CBI custody (Lead) - Jan 05, 2012
- Bhanwari Devi case: Ashes sent for DNA tests, Maderna's custody extended (Lead) - Jan 06, 2012
- Bhanwari case: Setback for CBI as accused refuses to testify - Jan 11, 2012
- Bhanwari case: Another accused gives statement to magistrate - Jan 19, 2012
- Bhanwari case: Suspect records statement before magistrate - Jan 19, 2012
- Nurse case: CBI chief, other officials reach Jodhpur - Jan 05, 2012
- CBI nabs one more in Bhanwari Devi case - Jan 04, 2012
- Congress MP quizzed in missing nurse case - Feb 09, 2012
- Bhanwari case: Judicial custody of five extended till Jan 30 - Jan 16, 2012
- Bhanwari Devi case: Some more items recovered - Jan 07, 2012
- CBI arrests two more in missing nurse case - Jan 25, 2012
- Bhanwari case: Suspect's property to be seized - Jan 22, 2012
- Missing nurse case: Another accused refuses to testify - Jan 24, 2012
Tags: ashok, bilara, bishnoi, cbi, central bureau of investigation, central jail, cfsl, constituency, disappearance, forensic science laboratory, gunny bag, hand in glove, legislator, locket, maderna, member of parliament, nurse, omprakash, three men, two guns