One more arrested for hacking Noida industrialist’s bank accountOctober 24th, 2008 - 12:53 am ICT by IANS
Noida, Oct 23 (IANS) The alleged kingpin of a gang that had hacked an industrialist’s bank account here was arrested Thursday, police said. Mahesh Patel was a resident of Mumbai, police said.
On Wednesday, the police arrested five persons for hacking ndustrialist Pawan Kumar Agarwal’s Punjab National Bank current account and recovered Rs.5.5 million from them.
In his complaint, Agrawal stated that during a 15-day period when he was out of country, the accused siphoned off Rs.16.6 million through about a dozen transactions from his account.
On Wednesday, the police arrested Savio Dairoch Lobo, Mitul Trivedi, Bharat Bhai Patel, Udai Kapadia and Yogi Anjani Bhandar.
Savio is a resident of Goa, Mitul is a Pune resident while the remaining three are residents of Mumbai, police said.
Two more members of the gang, Wahid and Raju are yet to be arrested.
- Cyber gang busted, Rs.5.5 mn seized - Oct 22, 2008
- Bangladeshi in fake currency racket nabbed in Bengal - Feb 17, 2012
- Three arrested for hacking into bank account - Nov 04, 2009
- Three held for hacking bank accounts - Mar 29, 2011
- Fake job racket, headed by Delhi Police constable, busted - Apr 30, 2012
- Five held for bank frauds in Delhi - Mar 11, 2011
- Seven arrested for defrauding bank, card-holders of lakhs - Feb 18, 2011
- Rs.16 crore credit card racket busted in Bangalore - Oct 28, 2011
- Two arrested for cheating - Nov 02, 2011
- Hi-tech gang of ATM robbers busted - Mar 29, 2012
- Rs.200 crore worth drugs seized in Punjab, four held - Jun 02, 2012
- Woman held for supplying vehicles to northeast insurgent outfits - Apr 10, 2011
- Gang of credit card cheats busted - Jan 28, 2011
- Gang of fraudsters busted, three arrested from UP - Sep 19, 2012
- Cops rescue abducted NRI in Kurukshetra - Apr 11, 2012