One killed, over 30 injured in bus accidentApril 9th, 2009 - 5:11 pm ICT by IANS
Panchkula (Haryana), April 9 (IANS) A 22-year-old student died and more than 30 passengers were injured when a bus fell off the road near Haryana’s Pinjore town, police said.
The driver of the Haryana roadways bus lost control while overtaking another vehicle, and the bus fell off the road down a a sharp slope, rolling down for nearly 100 feet, police said.
One woman died on the spot and over 30 were injured in the accident, Amitabh Dhillon, superintendent of police, Panchkula told IANS.
“All the injured were shifted to civil hospitals in Panchkula and Kalka. Some of the injured have been discharged after first-aid while others have been admitted in hospitals but everyone is out of danger,” he added.
The bus had around 60 passengers with the majority of them being students and teachers of a nearby college offering the B.Ed (bachelor of education) course.
- One killed as bus falls into gorge - Feb 22, 2011
- 10 pilgrims killed in Jammu accident - Jul 15, 2012
- Two killed in Kashmir bus accident - Jul 11, 2012
- 27 killed, 21 injured in accidents in northeast - Jul 21, 2012
- 15 pilgrims killed in Jammu bus accident (Second Lead) - Jul 15, 2012
- 10 pilgrims killed in Jammu bus accident (Lead) - Jul 15, 2012
- Eight killed in Himachal accident - Jan 12, 2012
- Bus with over 30 people falls into Himachal gorge (Lead) - Sep 11, 2012
- Bus with 30 people falls into Himachal gorge - Sep 10, 2012
- Himachal accident toll rises to 15 (Lead) - Jan 13, 2012
- Himachal-Haryana bypass opens for motorists - Apr 06, 2012
- 10 killed in road accident - Aug 12, 2011
- Five killed in Himachal accident - Aug 20, 2010
- Five killed in Italian road accident - May 05, 2012
- Passenger bus overturns in southeast Kenya, killing 12 - Apr 02, 2012