One killed, one injured in Delhi firingMarch 6th, 2009 - 12:19 am ICT by IANS
New Delhi, March 5 (IANS) A 30-year-old man was killed and his associate injured when a group of assailants fired on them in north Delhi Thursday evening, police said.
Satnam, 30, and Ram Ashray, 50, both employed with plastic trader Shyam Sunder in Azad Market, were on a scooter with Rs.1.5 million when they were reportedly waylaid by some motorcycle-borne assailants at Roshanara Road around 8 p.m., police said.
“The victims may have posed some tough resistance to the accused. This might have led the accused firing upon them,” said a policeman.
Police said Satnam, who received bullet injuries in the neck, died on the spot while Ram Ashray, who has bullet injuries in his abdomen, was struggling for life in the Bada Hindu Rao hospital.
However, it was not clear whether the assailants managed to take away any cash from the two.
Deputy Commissioner of Police (North Delhi) Sagar Preet Hooda said the motive behind the firing was being probed.
- Man shot dead in Delhi - Sep 06, 2011
- Firing in Delhi market, one killed (Lead) - Dec 19, 2009
- Three guerrillas, one cop killed in Srinagar shootout (Lead) - Nov 29, 2010
- Reward for leads in Jama Masjid shootout hiked - Feb 17, 2011
- Cop arrested for businessman's murder - Sep 25, 2011
- Congress leader shot at in Uttar Pradesh, injured critically - Nov 11, 2010
- Policeman, home guard fired upon, weapons looted - Oct 15, 2011
- Landlord shoots at wife, son of MCD poll nominee - Apr 05, 2012
- Man shot at for opposing girl's harassment - Dec 04, 2011
- Youth who helped nab killer cop dies - Sep 27, 2011
- Acid attack on woman volleyball player in Haryana - May 26, 2012
- BJP leader shot dead in Uttar Pradesh - Oct 08, 2011
- Two killed in Delhi car crash - Aug 15, 2012
- Seven robbers held after gun battle - Apr 01, 2012
- Man arrested for killing cop in road accident - May 28, 2010