One killed, one injured in Blueline accidents (Lead)November 19th, 2008 - 9:09 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Nov 19 (IANS) A teenaged girl was crushed to death when she came under the wheels of a Blueline bus in south Delhi Wednesday, while another was injured as a ‘killer’ bus hit her, police said. In the first incident, 15-year-old Sonia fell victim to a Blueline bus in Neb Sarai area.
“The accident took place at around 7 a.m. when Sonia was waiting for her friend at the bus stop. She was crushed under the wheels of the bus plying on route number 423 between Deoli village and Mori Gate terminal,” a police official said.
“While the girl died on the spot, the bus driver fled after the accident,” he said, adding that investigations were underway.
Sonia was a Class 9 student of a government school in Deoli.
In a separate accident, a 16-year-old girl suffered injuries when she was hit by a Blueline bus in Nangloi area of outer Delhi.
“The accident occurred at 1.15 p.m. The victim, Poonam, was hit by a bus plying on route number 923 between Najafgarh and Old Delhi railway station,” a police officer said.
“She was rushed to Sanjay Gandhi hospital and her condition is said to be stable. The girl has suffered injuries on the leg,” he said.
The official added that the bus driver had been arrested.
Over 70 people have been killed this year in accidents involving Blueline buses. Last year, at least 120 people were run over by the ‘killer’ buses.
- Conductor crushed to death under own bus - Jan 18, 2011
- Speeding bus crushes man, injures 12 (Second Lead) - May 08, 2011
- Blueline buses get brief lease of life (Second Lead) - Jan 31, 2011
- Blueline bus mows down builder - Dec 09, 2011
- Girl crushed to death by Blueline bus - Nov 19, 2008
- Blueline buses with permits continue to ply on Delhi roads - Feb 01, 2011
- Girl crushed by Blueline bus - Sep 30, 2009
- Corporate bigwigs to make inroads into Delhi bus services - Nov 01, 2010
- Good Samaritan saves life, gets killed himself - Jan 02, 2012
- 3-year-old dies after being hit by Blueline bus - Jan 17, 2011
- Contracts signed for four more bus clusters in Delhi - Nov 01, 2010
- Blueline bus mows down scooterist in Delhi - Dec 25, 2008
- DTC earnings jump 150 percent with traffic police help - Apr 15, 2011
- Blueline buses finally to go off Delhi roads - Jan 31, 2011
- Blueline buses get fresh lease of life (Lead) - Jan 31, 2011