One killed, nine injured in bomb blast in MeghalayaJuly 12th, 2012 - 5:49 pm ICT by IANS
Shillong, July 12 (IANS) One person has been killed and nine others injured in Meghalaya in a bomb explosion inside their makeshift camp, police said.
The blast occurred around 2 a.m. Thursday in the Rasong area of Khliehriat sub-division in Jaintia Hills, about 100 km from here.
“A coal miner died on the spot while other nine miners sustained injuries when an unidentified person lobbed a crude bomb inside their camp,” police chief N. Ramachandran told IANS.
He said senior police officials have rushed to the blast site to take stock of the situation.
“We are awaiting further details,” Ramachandran said.
- Ex-member of rebel group held in Meghalaya - Feb 24, 2012
- Human life is precious, explain miners's death: Court to Meghalaya - Aug 02, 2012
- Two people injured in bomb explosion - May 02, 2012
- Hope runs out for Meghalaya's trapped 'rat-hole' miners - Jul 13, 2012
- 15 miners killed in Meghalaya - Jul 11, 2012
- Meghalaya rules out ban on rat-hole mining - Aug 22, 2012
- Special forces step up rescue in Meghalaya mines - Jul 12, 2012
- Meghalaya deputy speaker's vehicle set afire - Apr 24, 2012
- Eight injured as powerful storm hits Meghalaya - Apr 28, 2012
- 11 drown in Meghalaya - Dec 22, 2011
- Garo rebels attack petrol pump in Meghalaya - Apr 15, 2011
- Seven killed in Meghalaya accident - Jun 17, 2011
- 23 die in Meghalaya accident (Lead) - Aug 08, 2012
- Three coal miners killed - Aug 31, 2011
- BSF stage march in Shillong - Apr 25, 2012