One killed in Punjab train-tractor collisionMarch 2nd, 2009 - 12:47 am ICT by IANS
Amritsar (Punjab), March 1 (IANS) One person was killed when the Amritsar bound Paschim Express late Sunday evening rammed into a tractor-trolley that was loaded with green chillies near here, the police said.
According to the police, both the engine driver and the tractor driver were seriously injured in the accident and were taken to the hospital. The tractor driver succumbed to his injuries.
The accident occurred on a level crossing near Valla village here, around 250 km from Chandigarh, when the tractor-trolley suddenly came into the path of the passenger train.
A senior police official at the spot told IANS: “The gatekeeper failed to close the gate in time and that led to the accident.”
The engine of the Paschim Express was badly damaged in the accident. The Amritsar police were shifting the passengers to a nearby railway station to be accommodated in alternate trains.
- Five killed in train-tractor trolley mishap - May 27, 2011
- Major train accidents in the last six years - Jul 07, 2011
- Eight devotees killed in Uttar Pradesh - Oct 15, 2010
- One killed, 15 injured in tractor-train collision - Nov 12, 2009
- Three killed in Haryana school bus accident - Feb 22, 2011
- 41 killed in Uttar Pradesh accident - Aug 22, 2011
- Two woman cops, three others killed in Rajasthan accidents - Jun 17, 2012
- Five killed in accident, driver commits suicide - May 20, 2010
- Two brothers crushed to death in Ghaziabad - Sep 25, 2011
- 4 killed in train-tractor collision - Nov 20, 2009
- 43 major train tragedies in two decades (Lead) - Jul 19, 2010
- Six killed as train rams into vehicle - Mar 09, 2010
- Uttar Pradesh accident toll rises to 24 - Feb 09, 2010
- 11 killed, 30 injured in Uttar Pradesh accident (Lead) - Jan 25, 2009
- Nine killed, 35 injured in Uttar Pradesh accident - Jan 25, 2009