One killed in Mumbai balcony collapseMay 2nd, 2012 - 5:46 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, May 2 (IANS) One person was killed and two others were injured when the balcony of a building and a portion of its wall collapsed in south-central Mumbai Wednesday, an official said.
“Some repair work was underway on the second floor of a building in Byculla when a wooden balcony on the first floor collapsed along with a portion of the wall,” an official of the civic disaster management department, who did not want to be named, told IANS.
Three people were trapped under the rubble. of them, one died while two others were rescued.
Mohammed Shaikh, 45, was admitted to Nair Hospital in critical condition.
- Turkey quake toll rises to 432 - Oct 25, 2011
- Portion of China's Great Wall collapses after rains - Aug 09, 2012
- Four killed in Mumbai bakery cylinder blasts (Lead) - May 30, 2012
- Trapped Chicago firefighters rescued - Dec 22, 2010
- Four killed in Mumbai building collapse - Mar 17, 2011
- 14 rescued from Mumbai building fire (Lead) - Aug 09, 2012
- Dozens trapped in burning Mantralaya, navy called (Lead) - Jun 21, 2012
- Five trapped in Mumbai fire - Aug 09, 2012
- Building collapses in Andhra, 15 feared trapped - Sep 16, 2011
- Woman, son die in Lucknow building collapse - Jul 24, 2012
- Several trapped as factory building collapses in Jalandhar (Lead) - Apr 16, 2012
- Mumbai Metro accident: One killed, seven injured - Sep 04, 2012
- Five kids killed as wall collapses - Sep 03, 2011
- Five dead in Pakistan building collapse - Apr 13, 2012
- Building collapse in Navi Mumbai kills two labourers - Aug 25, 2010