One killed in Jharkhand landmine blastMay 19th, 2009 - 2:37 pm ICT by IANS
Ranchi, May 19 (IANS) The driver of a Central Reserve POlice Force (CRPF) van was killed and three security personnel were injured early Tuesday in a landmine blast triggered by Maoist guerrillas in Jharkhand’s West Singhbhum district, police said.
The CRPF personnel were on Long Range Patrolling (LRP) in the district when the attack took place near Pomgir village, over 200 km from here, a police official said.
The CRPF personnel escaped the full force of the blast as they were walking, fearing landmines planted in the area. The driver was in the bus when the blast occurred, the official said.
The injured security personnel have been brought to Apollo Hospital in Ranchi for treatment. Police have launched a combing operation to nab the rebels.
Maoists are active in 18 of Jharkhand’s 24 districts. Nearly 1,500 people have been killed in Maoist-related violence in the last eight years.
- 11 cops die in Jharkhand landmine blast (Lead) - Jun 10, 2009
- Maoists kill CRPF trooper in Jharkhand - Dec 24, 2010
- Three Jharkhand policemen wounded in landmine blast - Jun 13, 2009
- Three CRPF personnel injured in landmine blast - Nov 12, 2010
- 11 security men killed, 30 injured in Jharkhand ambush - May 03, 2011
- 67 percent polling, CRPF trooper killed in Jharkhand (Lead) - Dec 24, 2010
- 13 Jharkhand policemen killed in Maoist ambush - Jan 21, 2012
- Seven Maoists arrested, landmine recovered - Mar 03, 2012
- Ten Maoists killed in Jharkhand - Sep 27, 2010
- Maoists kill 11 CRPF troopers in landmine blast (Third Lead) - Mar 27, 2012
- 3 security personnel injured in Jharkhand landmine blast - Jun 10, 2009
- Blame game begins over death of 11 cops in Jharkhand - Jun 11, 2009
- Maoists kill CRPF man, injure six in Bihar - Jun 10, 2012
- Landmine detected in Naxal-hit Jharkhand district - Feb 05, 2010
- Two CRPF troopers killed in Jharkhand - Sep 27, 2011