One killed in freak ‘air accident’ in MumbaiJune 13th, 2008 - 2:36 am ICT by IANS
Mumbai, June 12 (IANS) A slumdweller was killed and several huts were damaged when a cargo plane taking off from the Mumbai airport increased the thrust of its engine late Thursday. The victim was identified as Shivaji Kashinath Koli.
The roofs of at least 30 huts in jari Mari slums in Kurla east suburb, close to the airport in Santa Cruz, blew off due to the blast from the unidentified cargo plane at 10.30 p.m., Kurla legislator Naseem Khan told IANS.
Officials of the airport, the municipal corporation, police and fire brigade rushed to the site.
- One killed in freak 'air accident' in Mumbai (Lead) - Jun 13, 2008
- 'Slums around Mumbai airport to be cleared in three years' - Aug 20, 2010
- Heavy rains slow down life in Mumbai - Jul 13, 2011
- Two die as plane crashes into lagoon - Mar 16, 2012
- Maharashtra largesse for slum-dwellers, house-seekers - Jan 03, 2012
- Heavy rains lash Mumbai, Maharashtra (Lead) - Aug 28, 2011
- FedEx plane makes emergency landing in Mumbai - Oct 22, 2010
- Eight die in two plane crashes in Bolivia - Apr 23, 2012
- Rains bring cheers and woes to Mumbai - Jul 08, 2011
- One killed in Mumbai landslip - Aug 17, 2010
- Foreign plane forced to land in Pakistan - Apr 25, 2012
- 'Paa' child artist Taruni Sachdev cremated - May 17, 2012
- Patkar ends hunger-strike after demands met - May 28, 2011
- Youth dies after fall from IGI cargo terminal roof - Jul 19, 2012
- Heavy rains continue in Maharashtra - Sep 04, 2012