One killed in explosion at Bhopal shopFebruary 23rd, 2008 - 12:19 am ICT by admin
Bhopal, Feb 22 (IANS) One person was killed and at least a dozen others injured in an explosion at a scrap dealer’s shop in the Madhya Pradesh capital Friday evening. The incident occurred at a shop in the busy Hanumanganj locality. The police also recovered two live bombs from the spot.
“It could have been a smoke bomb or a grenade that might have been collected by scrap collectors from an army firing range adjacent Sukhi Sewaniyan village. We are in touch with the army officers,” said Superintendent of Police Jaideep Prasad.
The deceased was identified as Golu, 25. The injured, including the victim’s wife, have been admitted to the district hospital.
“The condition of three injured is critical while the others are out of danger,” a hospital source said.
Forensic experts have also reached the accident spot, the police said.
- Blast in home kills seven in Madhya Pradesh - Sep 30, 2011
- Two killed in scrapyard explosion (Lead) - Dec 31, 2010
- Two killed in explosion at scrap dealer's shop - Aug 23, 2010
- Blast at Kashmir scrap dealer's home, one killed - Jun 07, 2011
- Seven killed as truck ploughs into Congress meeting - Feb 11, 2011
- Scheduled caste farmer burnt alive in Madhya Pradesh - Sep 22, 2011
- Robbers loot gold worth Rs.2.5 crore in Bhopal - Aug 23, 2010
- Five people killed in Manipur blast - Aug 01, 2011
- RTI activist's murder: AIIMS forensic experts to visit Bhopal - Jan 10, 2012
- One civilian injured in grenade attack in Kashmir - Jan 27, 2012
- One killed, 11 injured in Guwahati blast (Lead) - Sep 08, 2012
- Dacoits kill five of family in UP - Aug 10, 2012
- Toll in Allahabad blast rises to six - May 24, 2012
- Two killed, four wounded in Kashmir explosion - Sep 20, 2011
- CRPF trooper dies in accidental blast (Lead) - Mar 22, 2012