One killed in college building collapseApril 4th, 2011 - 1:01 pm ICT by IANS
Etah (Uttar Pradesh), April 4 (IANS) A labourer was killed and seven injured when an under-construction building of a private college collapsed in Uttar Pradesh’s Etah district, police said Monday.
The building of the Kalyani Degree College in Marhara town came down Sunday night, following which eight labourers were trapped under the debris.
“Though we managed to rescue all the labourers, one of them died late Sunday while being treated at a hospital. Four of the labourers are in a critical state,” police inspector Jasveer Singh told reporters in Etah, some 300 km from Lucknow.
The district authorities have ordered an enquiry into the incident and have also directed the police to register a case against the college administration.
“Preliminary investigations indicate that sub-standard construction material was being used for setting up the building,” Singh said.
The manager of the college and the contractor are absconding.
- Six injured in Uttar Pradesh building collapse - Dec 29, 2010
- Himachal building collapse: Owner, builder held (Lead) - Jul 11, 2011
- 10 injured as ceiling of building under construction collapses - Nov 22, 2010
- Himachal building collapse: Owner booked - Jul 11, 2011
- Five killed as college building collapses - Jul 25, 2011
- 13 injured in school room wall collapse - Sep 14, 2011
- Two kids killed in roof collapse - Sep 25, 2011
- Two killed in Delhi wall collapse - Jun 27, 2012
- Three killed in Delhi building collapse (Lead, superseding earlier story) - May 17, 2011
- Mumbai lift crash toll rises - Jan 10, 2011
- Five hurt in Delhi roof collapse - Dec 04, 2011
- Enraged workers in Gurgaon indulge in vandalism, arson - Mar 23, 2012
- Builder, contractor booked for Mumbai lift crash - Jan 09, 2011
- Building collapses in Bangalore, 5 dead - Feb 02, 2011
- Five killed in Mumbai service lift crash - Jan 09, 2011
Tags: april 4, building collapse, college administration, construction material, critical state, debris, degree college, district authorities, district police, enquiry, etah district, investigations, labourer, labourers, police inspector, private college, state police, uttar pradesh