One killed in accident on Noida expresswayApril 24th, 2009 - 12:07 am ICT by IANS
Noida, April 23 (IANS) One person was killed when an autorickshaw collided with a dumper on the Noida-Greater Noida Expressway, police said Thursday.
The accident occurred Wednesday night on the expressway when the speeding dumper collided with the autorickshaw, police said.
The driver of the autorickshaw, Ramesh Kumar, a resident of Mayur Vihar Phase-I, was injured in the accident and rushed to the hospital, where he succumbed to his injuries, police added.
The driver of the dumper fled the scene.
“We have still not received any complaint from anybody to initiate registration of the case,” a police officer said.
In another accident, a truck hit an autorickshaw in Sector-8 Noida around 2 p.m. Thursday. Four people were injured in the accident and were rushed to the hospital, where their condition was said to be stable.
- One dead as truck hits tree in Delhi - May 19, 2012
- Three killed in road accidents in Greater Noida - Dec 30, 2009
- Five killed in Bengal accident - Jun 15, 2011
- 8 killed, 18 injured in two Rajasthan accidents - May 11, 2012
- Heavy fog causes pile-up on Noida expressway, 7 hurt - Jan 16, 2010
- Minor girl, two others killed in Delhi accidents - Aug 10, 2012
- Six killed in Delhi road accidents (Roundup) - Feb 21, 2012
- IBM executive killed in Noida accident - Mar 28, 2010
- School children hurt in accident - Dec 22, 2011
- Software engineer killed in Noida - Nov 01, 2011
- Class 2 student killed in road accident - Dec 04, 2011
- Four killed, six injured in Maharashtra accident - Jan 27, 2012
- Eight students, driver killed in Haryana accident - Jan 02, 2012
- Two killed, 21 hurt in China road accident - Dec 18, 2011
- Boy falls to death from school building - Jan 25, 2012