One killed, four injured in Bihar as SSB opens fireMay 26th, 2012 - 1:49 pm ICT by IANS
Patna, May 26 (IANS) A man was killed and four others were injured critically in Bihar’s Sitamarhi district early Saturday when Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB) troopers opened fire on a group of villagers protesting over the alleged molestation of a woman by one of their colleagues.
According to police, a group of villagers late Friday evening protested the alleged misconduct of SSB personnel and pelted stones at their camp in the Bairgania area of Sitamarhi district.
“On Saturday morning, some villagers tried to set the SSB camp on fire. In order to disperse them, SSB jawans had to open fire, in which one person was killed and four were injured,” a district official told IANS.
According to police, at least 50 rounds were fired by the SSB personnel. Villagers have blocked the roads in the area and are demanding action against the troopers.
Bihar Police chief Abhayanand has directed top officials to rush to Sitamarhi and take a stock of the situation, a police official said.
- Bihar CM orders probe in Sitamarhi shooting incident (Lead) - May 26, 2012
- Three troopers arrested in Bihar - May 27, 2012
- Cop killed over cooking row - Jul 25, 2011
- Trooper held for killing villagers in Uttar Pradesh - Aug 04, 2010
- 11 troopers booked for killing men during clash - Aug 03, 2010
- Tiger mauls two troopers in Bihar - Feb 28, 2011
- Maoists fire at paramilitary camp in Chhattisgarh - May 01, 2010
- Four troopers injured in villagers' attack - Apr 11, 2011
- Indian trooper shot at from across Nepal border - Feb 18, 2011
- Two killed in firing by troopers in Uttar Pradesh - Aug 02, 2010
- Three Chinese held for photographing troopers' camps - Jan 18, 2011
- Trooper commits suicide in Uttar Pradesh - May 04, 2010
- 16 women troopers injured in accident - Jan 14, 2011
- Three troopers killed in Chhattisgarh blast - Oct 07, 2011
- 17 killed in Sikkim landslides (Second Lead) - Jun 24, 2011