One killed, five injured in two Mumbai road accidentsApril 19th, 2011 - 3:46 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, April 19 (IANS) Two speeding luxury vehicles knocked a teen-aged girl dead and left five others severely injured in two road accidents in this western metropolis Tuesday, police said.
The teenaged girl died of injuries she sustained when a speeding Honda City rammed into the car she was in, police said. Four others in the car were critically injured. In the other accident, a delivery boy suffered a head injury when hit by a luxury vehicle driven by a businessman’s son.
The first accident took place in Gaondevi area of south Mumbai late Monday. The driver of the Honda City lost control while overtaking another car, police said. The 19-year-old Faizan Sardar, who was behind the wheel, is in police custody.
“The driver of the Honda City crashed into two other cars, near Peddar Road. One of the victims, 16-year-old Shifa Shaikh, died of injuries Tuesday. Four others are critically injured,” a police official said.
The other accident took place only a few kilometres away late Monday at Marine Drive in south Mumbai.
“The victim, Aniul Haque, is seriously injured and admitted in J.J. Hospital. He has suffered a head injury and multiple fractures,” said another police official.
Ankesh Sahara, who was driving a Porsche that hit Haque, has been released on a bail of Rs.5,000. He is the son of the Dinesh Sahara, managing director of the Ruchi Soya company.
- 'Ra.One' animator critical after accident - Mar 26, 2012
- Speeding car injures five - Apr 21, 2012
- Seven killed in two Bengal road accidents - May 28, 2012
- Four killed as car runs over labourers in Delhi (Lead) - Jul 26, 2010
- 46 die in road accidents across 3 states (Roundup) - May 28, 2012
- Police slap case against policeman - Sep 06, 2010
- Rally car accident kills 3 spectators in Serbia - Aug 20, 2012
- Fardeen Khan's kin killed in south Delhi car crash - Feb 27, 2012
- Two killed as speeding car runs over labourers - Jul 26, 2010
- Six killed in Delhi road accidents (Roundup) - Feb 21, 2012
- One student killed, 10 hurt as van overturns - Oct 20, 2011
- Two critical in Mumbai drunk driving accident - Apr 01, 2012
- Two men killed in freak Delhi accident (Second Lead) - Dec 23, 2011
- Four killed in road accidents - Sep 04, 2011
- Class 2 student killed in road accident - Dec 04, 2011
Tags: businessman, delivery boy, dinesh, fractures, head injury, honda city, kilometres, luxury vehicle, luxury vehicles, managing director, metropolis, police custody, police official, road accidents, ruchi soya, sahara, sardar, shifa, south mumbai, teenaged girl