One killed, five injured as trains collideAugust 12th, 2008 - 12:46 pm ICT by IANS
Ghaziabad, Aug 12 (IANS) A passenger was killed and five others injured when one train rammed into another on the outskirts of the national capital Tuesday morning, an official said. A.K. Verma, station officer of Government Railway Police in Ghaziabad, said the Kalindi Express had been halted on the outskirts of the Anand Vihar station of east Delhi to give way for a train coming from New Delhi railway station. However, the Old Delhi bound Faizabad Express from Sahibabad came on the same track and rammed into the stationary train at about 6.45 a.m.
Due to the impact, the last two bogies of Kalindi Express were damaged and passengers of the last bogy sustained injuries. One of them, Mohammad Rafique, died on his way to the Narendra Mohan Hospital in Ghaziabad.
The others injured were taken to Guru Tegh Bahadur Hospital in east Delhi. Their condition was said to be critical, Verma said.
The engine of the Faizabad Express was damaged and a new engine was sent to take the train to the Old Delhi railway station. The track was cleared in about two hours.
- One killed, five injured as trains collide (Lead) - Aug 12, 2008
- One of worst train disasters in Andhra - May 22, 2012
- 15 dead in Andhra train accident - May 22, 2012
- 43 major train tragedies in two decades (Lead) - Jul 19, 2010
- Truck falls over train, 13 trains cancelled - May 16, 2011
- 15 killed as Hampi Express hits stationary train in Andhra (Lead) - May 22, 2012
- Chronology of major Indian train accidents since 2000 - Jul 30, 2012
- 3 killed, 50 injured when trains collide near Karachi - Sep 17, 2012
- 25 dead as Hampi Express rams into goods train in Andhra (Second Lead) - May 22, 2012
- Train engine derailed at Kanpur, none hurt - Aug 18, 2012
- Train crushes five bikes, derails in Ghaziabad - Dec 27, 2010
- Student run over by train - Jan 29, 2012
- Railways suspend seven for train tragedy - May 27, 2012
- Ill-fated Tamil Nadu Express reaches Chennai (Fourth Lead) - Jul 30, 2012
- Robbers kill passenger aboard train - Feb 04, 2010