One killed as truck crashes into Delhi homeOctober 14th, 2008 - 11:07 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Oct 14 (IANS) A 50-year-old woman was killed and her son, pregnant daughter-in-law and a neighbour suffered multiple injuries when a truck hit them before crashing into their home in northwest Delhi, police said Tuesday.The victim, identified as Hari Duwari, 50, was seated with her son Dharamvir, 20, daughter-in-law Nehaloo, 20, and their neighbour Vimla, 50, outside their Rohini Sector 20 house when the vechile lost control while negotiating a turn, hit them and rammed into the house late Monday, police.
All the four were rushed to the Sanjay Gandhi Hospital, where Duwari was pronounced dead.
Dharamvir received injuries in head and legs, Nehaloo was injured in the neck, face and back. Both are recuperating in the hospital.
Doctors described the condition of Vimla, who suffered multiple fractures, as serious.
“The doctors initially suspected that Nehaloo would not be able to deliver the child. However, after examination, they said the foetus is safe and she would be able to give birth after two months,” said a police official.
Nehaloo told reporters in the hospital that the truck came at a high speed after turning out of a narrow lane and lost control.
“I think the driver was drunk and mistakenly pressed the accelerator instaed of the break,” she said.
Police said a case of rash and negligent driving was registered against the truck driver and a search was on to nab him.
- Elderly woman murdered in south Delhi - Oct 31, 2011
- Uttar Pradesh official killed in road accident - Nov 05, 2010
- Six of family killed in UP - May 28, 2012
- Seven killed in Chhattisarh road accident - Dec 14, 2010
- Two injured as chain snatcher opens fire in Delhi - Jun 28, 2012
- Nine lives lost as air ambulance sent to save one - May 26, 2011
- Four killed in two Rajasthan road accidents - Aug 22, 2012
- Three killed in accident - Mar 10, 2011
- India's first air ambulance crash kills 10, probe ordered (Roundup) - May 26, 2011
- Doctor killed in Jaipur accident - Jul 23, 2012
- Nine killed in bus-truck collision in Assam - Jun 13, 2010
- Truck mows down two women in Delhi - Apr 27, 2012
- Four of family killed in Uttar Pradesh - Dec 04, 2010
- Nine-year-old crushed to death - Jul 23, 2011
- Lamborghini crash: Injured cyclist paralysed (Second Lead) - Feb 20, 2012