One killed, 12 students injured in UP road mishapsMay 3rd, 2012 - 4:52 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, May 3 (IANS) A school student was killed and more than a dozen others injured in two separate road accidents in Uttar Pradesh Thursday, police said.
The first incident took place in Baansdeeh in Ballia district, where an overloaded tempo carrying schoolchildren lost control and turned turtle.
But even as passers by rushed to rescue the children from under the overturned vehicle, one child - Roopesh Kumar, a student of Class 7, died due to serious head injuries.
The schoolchildren belonged to a private school. Police is probing on how the they were travelling in the tempo and in such a large number.
In another incident, a school bus belonging to Central Public School rammed into a temple wall in Azamgarh and a dozen students were injured in the mishap.
Police said the accident took place near the Shankarpur check post. All the injured have been rushed to the district hospital where they were undergoing treatment, a police officer told IANS.
The police have detained the driver of the school bus and are verifying whether the bus driver had a valid driving license and the vehicle necessary permits for plying.
- Eight school kids injured in accident - Mar 28, 2012
- 15 killed as tempo-bus collide in Karnataka (Lead) - Jun 27, 2011
- 15 killed as tempo collides with bus in Karnataka - Jun 27, 2011
- Eight students, driver killed in Haryana accident - Jan 02, 2012
- Dozen Tamil Nadu pilgrims hurt - May 10, 2012
- 12 injured in Valley road accidents - Dec 22, 2010
- Azamgarh tense after student's death in accident - Nov 04, 2011
- Three killed, 25 injured in Rajasthan accident - Apr 16, 2012
- China to punish obstruction of school bus - Apr 11, 2012
- 15 students injured as truck hits school bus in Uttar Pradesh - Feb 28, 2011
- Bus accident kills 14, injures 45 in southwestern Uganda - Sep 19, 2012
- Eight students among 12 killed in Haryana road accident - Apr 28, 2011
- Two killed, 37 injured in Kashmir road accident - May 16, 2012
- Six-year-old dies as school van overturns - Aug 05, 2011
- Ten students injured as van overturns - Mar 22, 2011
Tags: azamgarh, bus driver, central public school, dozen students, head injuries, lucknow, mishap, police officer, private school, road accidents, road mishaps, school bus, school police, schoolchildren, temple wall, tempo, turtle, undergoing treatment, uttar pradesh