One killed, 12 injured in Karachi violenceApril 9th, 2008 - 8:23 pm ICT by admin
Islamabad, April 9 (Xinhua) One person was killed and 12 were injured when unidentified gunmen opened fire after violence erupted in the Pakistani port city of Karachi Wednesday, Dawn TV reported. The violence broke out after two rival groups of lawyers clashed outside city court in Karachi, the private channel said.
TV footage showed that offices of lawyers, buses and a bank were set ablaze on the main and busy M. A. Jinnah Road in Karachi.
Incidents of firing were also reported in various parts of the city, and all markets in the city were closed after the violence broke out.
Rangers, a paramilitary force, and the police were called to prevent the violence from spreading.
- 10 killed in Karachi violence after leader's death (Lead) - Mar 27, 2012
- 10 killed in fresh Karachi violence - Jul 22, 2011
- 14 dead in Pakistan violence (Lead) - Apr 03, 2012
- 11 shot dead at Karachi rally - May 22, 2012
- 53 killed in Egypt football riot - Feb 02, 2012
- 10 bus passengers shot dead in Pakistan - Apr 03, 2012
- Two more killed in Karachi violence - Jun 16, 2012
- 12 injured in Pakistan varsity clash - Feb 27, 2012
- Six kids among 26 killed in Pakistan attacks (Lead) - Jul 21, 2012
- 4 killed, 14 hurt in Karachi suicide attack (Lead) - Apr 05, 2012
- Karachi youth killing: Court sentences one to death - Aug 12, 2011
- Four killed in Karachi violence - Jun 05, 2012
- Three US nationals gunned down in Mexico - Dec 25, 2011
- Benazir's former guard shot, target killings erupt in Karachi (Lead) - Jul 17, 2011
- 4 injured in Karachi grenade attack - Nov 26, 2011