One in five Brits indulge in holiday flingsNovember 14th, 2007 - 10:20 am ICT by admin
Men are more likely to have a holiday fling, with 14 per cent aged 16 to 44 starting a romance, compared to seven per cent of women.
This figure rose to 17 percent for 16-24 year-old women, and 23 percent of men of that age group, reports The Sun.
The vast majority of Britons’ overseas sexual partners were from Europe: half were British, and over a third from European countries.
Concerning the risk of HIV, respondents cited North America, Thailand and Kenya as high-risk countries, said the survey of 12,000 people.
The study also found that one in 10 men and one in 12 women who had sex while abroad thought the HIV risk was high.
British men were ’significantly’ more likely than women to have sex with Asian and North American partners.
Researcher Dr Catherine Mercer, of University College London, said safe sex on holiday should be more seriously promoted.
The findings were based on interviews with a random sample of 12,000 men and women aged between 16 and 44, as part of the National Survey of Sexual Attitudes and Lifestyles (NATSAL). (ANI)
- British teenage girls having sex before 16 - Dec 16, 2011
- 1,000 British teenagers hospitalised for sexual diseases - Aug 29, 2011
- Only 20 percent Russians happy with their sex life - Apr 07, 2012
- Women more nostalgic than men about sex with ex - Sep 21, 2012
- British women admit one-night stands on holidays - Jun 19, 2012
- Unprotected sex spurs fears of STD outbreak in Britain - Nov 12, 2008
- Low condom use among middle-aged Brits threatens STI epidemic - Nov 12, 2008
- Unhealthy lifestyle linked to sexual problems - Jul 07, 2011
- STIs reach record levels with young people especially at risk - Aug 25, 2010
- Men reach orgasm after vaginal intercourse while women with oral sex - Oct 04, 2010
- 'India has four lakh men who have sex with men' (Lead) - Mar 13, 2012
- Less information on sex, but Indians satisfied: survey - Oct 12, 2009
- Five percent rise in Russia's HIV cases - Mar 12, 2012
- Sexually abused street teens have sex at an early age to get partner approval - Nov 14, 2010
- Brits have at least nine sexual partners on average in their lifetimes - Oct 28, 2008