One hurt in low-intensity blasts in Pune (Second Lead)August 1st, 2012 - 11:23 pm ICT by IANS
Pune, Aug 1 (IANS) One person was injured as four apparently-coordinated low-intensity explosions rocked a single street in Pune Wednesday evening, police said.
One of the blasts took place at the Bal Gangadhar Chowk near the Rangsharda auditorium on the busy Junglee Maharaj Road and another in a dustbin outside a McDonalds outlet nearby around 7.30 p.m., police said.
A third explosion occurred near the Dena Bank in the same area, triggering panic among people during the evening peak hour.
A fourth explosion went off on a bicycle at Garware Chowk on the same road.
“The blasts appear to be well-coordinated,” a police officer said.
- One hurt in low-intensity blasts in Pune (Third Lead) - Aug 02, 2012
- Premature to call Pune blasts a terror attack, says Patil - Aug 02, 2012
- Pune blasts: Rs.30 crore granted for installing CCTVs - Aug 05, 2012
- Pune blasts: Sketches of suspects prepared, four detainees freed - Aug 03, 2012
- Patil reviews Maharashtra security - Aug 02, 2012
- Ammonium nitrate used in Pune blasts: Patil (Lead) - Aug 02, 2012
- Chavan reviews Pune blasts probe - Aug 04, 2012
- Now, ID proof must to buy bicycles in Jaipur - Aug 03, 2012
- Pune blasts: Police still to identify perpetrators, detain four (Lead) - Aug 02, 2012
- Day after blasts, Pune police still in dark - Aug 02, 2012
- Pune blasts 'very serious matter', says Shinde - Aug 04, 2012
- Pune blasts planned, coordinated: Home Secretary - Aug 02, 2012
- Child injured in high-tension cable explosion near Pune - Aug 17, 2012
- Public anger against graft expressed in marches across India (Roundup) - Jan 30, 2011
- Security beefed up at Hazare's fast venue - Aug 02, 2012