One held in Mumbai multiple murder caseJune 23rd, 2011 - 10:03 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, June 23 (IANS) The prime accused in the murders of four men, whose half-burned bodies were found in a jungle here, was arrested Thursday in Uttar Pradesh, Mumbai Police said.
“Uday Pathak used to change his location every night. He was finally arrested from Varanasi,” Joint Commissioner of Police (Crime) Himanshu Roy told reporters here.
The victims - Chetan Dhule, Ganesh Karanje, Dinesh Ahire and Bharat Kundle, all in their 20s - were found with their throats slit and bodies half-burnt in a jungle near Kurar village in northwest Mumbai June 6.
The victims had gone missing June 4, but according to their families, the police registered their complaint only June 6, a few hours before their bodies were found.
According to the police, Kundle, who used to repair water purifiers, had gone to a nearby office to collect some payment along with his friend Sachin Dhuri, when they came across some people, including Pathak, who were consuming alcohol.
Pathak had thrown a glass at Dhuri and Kundle, after which they had a heated argument.
The duo then returned to their locality, gathered a few friends, and went back to thrash Pathak and his friends.
Swearing revenge, Pathak then tricked Kundle and his three friends into meeting them, kidnapped them and got them killed.
- Four bodies found in Mumbai drain (Lead) - Jun 06, 2011
- Four bodies found in Mumbai drain - Jun 06, 2011
- Guard confesses to murdering Mumbai lawyer, act premediated: Police (Lead) - Aug 10, 2012
- Maoists kill 'police informer' - Jun 26, 2012
- Youth killed by friend - Apr 23, 2012
- One arrested for murdering engineering student - Jul 01, 2011
- Guard confesses to murdering Mumbai lawyer - Aug 10, 2012
- Man shoots son dead over serving mutton (Lead) - Mar 11, 2012
- Man shoots son dead over serving mutton - Mar 11, 2012
- Suspected Maoists kill villager in Odisha - Aug 21, 2012
- Body of BBA student found in pieces in Delhi - Sep 03, 2012
- Grocer murdered in Gurgaon - Dec 13, 2010
- Three held for murdering fruit-seller - Jan 17, 2011
- Man hangs himself to death in Gurgaon - Jun 16, 2012
- Man arrested in Delhi for killing sister's lover - Jun 10, 2012
Tags: alcohol, bharat, commissioner of police, dhuri, four men, ganesh, himanshu, june 23, jungle, locality, mumbai police, murder case, murders, nearby office, police crime, revenge, three friends, throats slit, uttar pradesh, water purifiers