One dead, two injured in Agra stampedeJuly 14th, 2012 - 8:25 pm ICT by IANS
Agra, July 14 (IANS) One person died and two were injured during a stampede early Saturday morning at the Jeet Singh stadium here where an army recruitment rally was underway.
Around 10,000 youngsters had gathered at the ground for the tests, when the pressure from the crowd brought the railing down. In the stampede that followed, some recruits fell on the ground.
Soldiers immediately rushed to restore order and transfer the injured to the nearby army hospital.
The body of the deceased,identified as Dharamvir from Mathura district, was sent for post mortem and later handed over to his family members.
- 30 hurt as youth clash with soldiers in Rajouri - Jul 14, 2010
- Kashmiri youth turn out in record numbers to join army - Mar 16, 2012
- One killed in police recruitment drive stampede in Mumbai - Mar 08, 2010
- Chronology of world's worst stampedes in 2010 - Nov 23, 2010
- One killed, 11 hurt in Mumbai stampede - Mar 08, 2010
- 15 dead as train rams into van in UP - Mar 20, 2012
- Karauli Mela, Braj region's very own Kumbh - Mar 21, 2012
- Stampedes at religious places in over a decade - Nov 08, 2011
- Two dead, curfew in riot-hit Mathura district (Lead, Changing dateline) - Jun 02, 2012
- Uttar Pradesh farmers refuse to relent, crisis continues (Roundup) - Aug 18, 2010
- Annandale ground: Army, Himachal head for confrontation (Lead) - Apr 15, 2012
- Agra incident-free, farmers continue stir (Lead) - Aug 18, 2010
- Riots erupt in Lebanon after designation of Hezbollah's Mikati as PM - Jan 26, 2011
- Trespassing teenager shot by soldier - Jul 03, 2011
- Akhilesh wants faster work on Agra international airport - Apr 19, 2012