One dead as Himachal building collapsesJuly 11th, 2011 - 12:43 am ICT by IANS
Shimla, July 10 (IANS) A labourer was killed and 11 others were injured as a multi-storeyed building under construction in Himachal Pradesh’s Solan district collapsed Sunday evening following heavy rains, police said.
“A three-storeyed commercial building located in Parwanoo town collapsed. Prima facie it seemed that the building collapsed due to the downpour,” Superintendent of Police Hardev Bisht told IANS over phone from the spot.
He said police and rescue workers reached the spot and were helping the local people in removing the debris. The incident occurred at around 9 p.m.
All the injured have been admitted to ESI Hospital in Parwanoo, some 35 km from Chandigarh.
Though police ruled out the possibility of any person being still trapped, eyewitnesses said that some labourers might be trapped inside the building located on the Chandigarh-Shimla National Highway 22.
Himachal Pradesh has been witnessing heavy rains since Friday.
- Himachal building collapse: Owner, builder held (Lead) - Jul 11, 2011
- Himachal building collapse: Owner booked - Jul 11, 2011
- Building collapses due to heavy rain in Himachal - Jun 08, 2010
- Five dead in Pakistan building collapse - Apr 13, 2012
- On highway to Shimla? Be ready for rough ride - Aug 16, 2010
- Four labourers fall to death - Sep 29, 2011
- More snow, Shimla records season's lowest temperature - Jan 09, 2012
- Two killed in Himachal landslides - Aug 14, 2010
- It will be a wet Himachal this weekend - Aug 13, 2011
- Jalandhar factory collapse: one dead, several trapped (Second Lead) - Apr 16, 2012
- Pakistan building collapse toll reaches 10 - Apr 14, 2012
- One killed in Thane building collapse - Aug 19, 2012
- Heavy rains predicted in Himachal - Jul 08, 2012
- Toll in Jalandhar factory accident rises to 23 - Apr 22, 2012
- Four children killed in Himachal house callapse - Aug 17, 2011