One dead, 18 pilgrims injured in Uttar Pradesh accidentAugust 26th, 2008 - 10:09 pm ICT by IANS
Greater Noida, Aug 26 (IANS) One person was killed and 18 pilgrims were seriously injured Tuesday morning when a bus overturned on Grand Trunk Road at Dadri here while trying to avoid potholes on the road, the police said.The accident occurred at 5.30 a.m. Tuesday near Chithera locality under Dadri police station of Greater Noida.
According to the police, a bus carrying pilgrims from Jahavir at Rajasthan was returning to Salempur in Uttar Pradesh’s Hathras district.
“To avoid the ditches on the road, the driver drove on the roadside that led to the bus overturning as its wheels sank in the mud. Since conductor Wahid was sitting near the window, he came under the bus,” Kaushal, a passenger, told IANS.
The police took the 18 injured pilgrims to Naveen Hospital. Five of the critically injured pilgrims were referred to the government hospital, said Dharmendra Chauhan, inspector of Dadri police station.
Dalvir, a passenger, lodged the complaint of rash and negligent driving against the driver, who fled the spot.
- Truck crushes three siblings in Greater Noida - Jul 14, 2011
- Three killed, 25 injured in Rajasthan accident - Apr 16, 2012
- Six passengers die in Bengal accident - Aug 20, 2011
- Two killed in two Noida accidents - Jul 13, 2011
- Five bus passengers injured in Noida accident - Oct 25, 2010
- Youth thrown out of bus for Rs.5, dies - Feb 26, 2012
- Toll rise to 32 in Maharashtra bus accident (Second Lead) - Jun 16, 2012
- Five killed, 20 injured in Rajasthan - Apr 13, 2012
- 22 injured as bus overturns in Madhya Pradesh - May 09, 2010
- Five killed in Chhattisgarh road accident - May 21, 2010
- At least 21 killed in Zimbabwe bus accident - Apr 17, 2012
- Seven Gujarat pilgrims killed in Punjab accident - Nov 06, 2011
- 17 killed, several injured in Tamil Nadu bus accident - Dec 02, 2010
- Bus accident kills 14, injures 45 in southwestern Uganda - Sep 19, 2012
- Armed dacoits rob bus passengers - Mar 14, 2012