One cop held with drugs, four suspended in GhaziabadFebruary 2nd, 2011 - 10:57 pm ICT by IANS
Ghaziabad, Feb 2 (IANS) A police constable held for drug trafficking, two others suspended for indifferent behaviour, and two sub-inspectors suspended for demanding bribe - Ghaziabad police were in news for all the wrong reasons Wednesday.In the first incident, police constable Mahendra and his associate were arrested here with 240 grams of heroin worth over Rs.25 lakh.
Mahendra went along with Sanjay Tuesday night to a drug dealer in Pilahuwa area. Acting on a tip-off, the police laid a trap and caught the duo from Nizampur.
“Mahendra has been booked under Section 18/20 of the National Drugs and Psychotropic Substances (NDPS) Act along with Sanjay,” Ghaziabad Senior Superintendent of Police Raghuvir Lal said.
In another case, sub-inspector Har Dayal Singh was suspended for demanding Rs.50,000 from a person named Satish Chandra for submitting a final report of his case.
Chandra was made an accused in a fake case of dowry that was even upheld by the court. Even on the court directions, Har Dayal was not filing the final report and was demanding money from him.
“I posed as a relative of Satish and talked to Har Dayal on phone. He bluntly demanded Rs.50,000 to file the final report and asked us to meet him within two days with the money,” Lal said.
In the third case, two constables were suspended for their indifferent behaviour towards Yogesh Goel, whose car was stolen from outside his house in Kavi Nagar.
On getting the information about the theft, the two constables - Chaman Prakash Sharma and Surendra Kumar - went to Goel’s house. Instead of listening to his complaint, they argued with him and behaved indecently.
They asked the owner why had he parked the car in that manner and harassed him unnecessarily.
Sources said the constables had even beaten up the victim and his wife.
In another case, sub-inspector Sahdev was caught demanding Rs.3,000 for getting an FIR registered of a man whose daughter was attacked by a youth in Vijay Nagar.
On Jan 28, while Priya was coming back home from her computer classes, her spurned lover Bhole attacked her with a sharp weapon. She got 18 stitches and a deep wound.
When the victim’s father, Pramod Kumar, went to the police station, Sahdev demanded Rs.3,000 for registering the FIR. Sahdev was removed from duty Tuesday night.
- Reward announced for capture of escaped convict - Jun 20, 2011
- Rape accused Uttar Pradesh cop arrested - Jul 13, 2012
- Suspended cop takes senior 'hostage' in Hyderabad - Sep 12, 2012
- Curfew relaxed in violence-hit Ghaziabad area - Sep 17, 2012
- Suspected custody death: Four cops suspended - Nov 04, 2011
- Court summons six cops over shootout - Aug 27, 2011
- 65,000 Bihar Police constables stage sit-in - Sep 18, 2012
- 15-day parole to police official in 1997 Connaught Place killing - Jun 15, 2011
- Bihar gets its first all-women police station - Jan 23, 2012
- Rs.5 lakh solatium for Tamil Nadu women raped by cops - Nov 29, 2011
- Policeman suspended for letting off harassment accused - Apr 16, 2012
- Autopsy confirms Kashmir youth was tortured - Aug 04, 2011
- Jail, 100 times bribe fine for two policemen - Feb 24, 2012
- Mystery shrouds couple's death in police custody - Jun 08, 2012
- 42 Maharashtra personnel to be honoured on Republic Day - Jan 25, 2011
Tags: bribe, chandra, constables, dayal, dowry, drug trafficking, feb 2, fir, goel, har, heroin, lakh, lal, mahendra, police constable, prakash sharma, psychotropic substances, rs 50, sanjay, surendra