On-duty cop thrown off house roof in Uttar PradeshMarch 9th, 2012 - 6:49 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, March 9 (IANS) Hours after an IPS officer was mowed down by a tractor-trolley in Morena district of Madhya Pradesh, a murderous attempt was made on an on-duty cop in neighbouring Uttar Pradesh’s Auraiya district late Thursday night.
According to the police, a sub-inspector was thrown off a roof top of a house in Jhabra village where he had gone to arrest an accused named in a first information report (FIR) for being part of a violent brawl.
Auraiya Additional Superintendent of Police A.P. Singh told IANS that when a police team went to arrest the man, he ambushed it and threw sub-inspector Rang Lal Verma from the roof of the house. The cop sustained major injuries on his back and head and fractured his knee, police said.
“The sub-inspector was leading a police team which had gone to arrest the accused. But he, along with some neighbors, chased them and threw Verma off the roof top,” Singh said.
As the area falls in the stronghold of Samajwadi Party Chief Mualayam Singh Yadav, the incident assumed importance. But the police ruled out any political angle to the incident.
- Holi saw two cops killed, two injured in Madhya Pradesh - Mar 09, 2012
- IPS officer crushed to death in Madhya Pradesh (Lead) - Mar 08, 2012
- CBI to probe killing of Madhya Pradesh cop - Mar 13, 2012
- IPS officer crushed to death in Madhya Pradesh (Second Lead) - Mar 08, 2012
- IPS officer killing: Congress calls shutdown Tuesday - Mar 09, 2012
- IPS officer's killing: MP government slammed, judicial probe ordered (Roundup) - Mar 09, 2012
- Agra road accident claims two lives - Apr 27, 2012
- Criminals run truck over UP sub-inspector - May 17, 2012
- Deceased IPS officer's father alleges political murder - Mar 09, 2012
- CBI begins probing IPS officer's killing - Mar 15, 2012
- Five killed in accident, driver commits suicide - May 20, 2010
- Five killed in train-tractor trolley mishap - May 27, 2011
- Eight devotees killed in Uttar Pradesh - Oct 15, 2010
- 23 killed in two Madhya Pradesh accidents - Aug 01, 2011
- Political parties slam MP government over IPS officer's killing (Lead) - Mar 09, 2012