On Delhi’s edge, BSP holds sway (Lead)March 6th, 2012 - 10:30 pm ICT by IANS
Ghaziabad (Uttar Pradesh), March 6 (IANS) The Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) may have lost power in Uttar Pradesh but it kept in sway in areas bordering the national capital, winning six of the 11 assembly seats in the districts of Ghaziabad, Gautambudh Nagar and Panchsheel Nagar (Hapur).
Out of the rest, the Samajwadi Party and the Congress-Rashtriya Lok Dal (RLD) alliance won two each and one went to the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP).
The BSP won four assembly seats in Ghaziabad while Ajit Singh’s RLD won one.
Announcing the results, Ghaziabad District Magistrate Aparna Upadhyay said the Sahibabad assembly seat was won by BSP’s Pandit Amar Pal Sharma, who defeated BJP’s Sunil Sharma by 24,348 votes.
In Loni, BSP’s Zakir Ali defeated Madan Bhaiya (Congress/RLD) by a margin of 25,348 votes, while in Ghaziabad city, the party’s Suresh Bansal defeated BJP’s Atul Garg by 12,121 votes and in Muradnagar, Wahab Chaudhary beat Rajpal Tyagi of Samajwadi Party by 3,625 votes.
In Modinagar assembly constituency, however, RLD’s Sudesh Sharma defeated BSP’s Master Rajpal Singh by 3,949 votes.
The Samajwadi Party won Dhaulana assembly constituency in adjoining Panchsheel Nagar, with its Dharmesh Tomar defeating BSP’s Aslam by the margin of 9,339 votes.
The Congress-RLD won the Hapur city assembly, with its Gajraj Singh defeating BSP’s Dharampal by a margin of 22,119 votes.
In Garh Mukteswar assembly seat Samajwadi Party candidate and sitting legislator Madan Chauhan defeated BSP’s Farhar Hasan by 18,199 votes.
The BSP won Jewar assembly seat of Gautambudh Nagar. Its candidate Vedram Bhati defeated Congress-RLD alliance candidate Thakur Dhirendra Singh by 9,500 votes.
BJP’s Dr. Mahesh Sharma won the Noida assembly seat, defeating BSP’s Om Dutt Sharma by 7,844 votes.
The BSP retained the Dadri assembly seat, with its Satvir Nagar defeating BJP’s Nawab Singh Nagar by a margin of 37,297 votes.
- On Delhi's edge, BSP is king - Mar 06, 2012
- Congress's Muslim card, Ajit Singh's Jat clout on test in Tuesday's poll (Lead) - Feb 27, 2012
- Penultimate round of UP polls on Tuesday - Feb 27, 2012
- High voter turnout in sixth phase too (Evening Lead) - Feb 28, 2012
- Steady, brisk polling in round 6 of UP polls (Second Lead) - Feb 28, 2012
- Trinamool wins first assembly seat in Uttar Pradesh - Jun 15, 2012
- Brisk polling in round six of UP polls (Lead) - Feb 28, 2012
- 60 percent turnout in incident-free 6th round of UP poll (Roundup) - Feb 28, 2012
- BJP sweeps corporation polls in Uttar Pradesh (Lead) - Jul 08, 2012
- Brisk voting in UP by-election at Mant - Jun 12, 2012
- UP polls: 60 percent turnout in incident-free 6th round (Intro Roundup) - Feb 28, 2012
- Hung assembly, Samajwadi Party to be largest party: Exit polls (Lead) - Mar 03, 2012
- Thumbs up for SP and Akali, Congress bruised (Intro Roundup) - Mar 07, 2012
- UP: SP on top, BJP surges, BSP set for rout (Lead) - Mar 06, 2012
- Rahul-Ajit combo try to whip up magic in Meerut (Lead) - Feb 02, 2012
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,