Omar mocks at BJP for clemency for BhullarSeptember 1st, 2011 - 11:39 pm ICT by IANS
Srinagar, Sep 1 (IANS) Responding to the Bharatiya Janata Party’s (BJP) criticism of his Twitter comments, Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah Thursday hit out at the party over its ally, the Akali Dal, in Punjab seeking clemency for Devinder Paul Singh Bhullar.
In his comment posted on the micro blogging twitter.com site, Omar Abdullah said: “I?m curious to see what Shahnawaz Hussain & the other BJP chaps are gonna say now. This is their government in Punjab.?
Omar was ridiculing the Akali Dal-led government in Punjab for their demand for clemency to Bhullar, a Khalistan Liberation Front militant on death row who has been in jail for the last ten years.
Omar?s latest tweet was prompted after the BJP criticised him for an earlier posting in which he wondered whether a resolution on Afzal Guru by the Jammu and Kashmir assembly, similar to the one passed by the Tamil Nadu assembly seeking clemency for three killers of former prime minister Rajiv Gandhi, would have received the muted response it had evoked.
Parliament attack convict Afzal Guru, who is from Kashmir Valley, is on death row. His clemency petition is pending with the president and the home ministry recently recommended it be rejected.
- Kashmir legislator seeks clemency for Afzal Guru - Sep 01, 2011
- Omar fears rise in militancy if Afzal is hanged - Sep 28, 2011
- Politics of death sentences in India (Comment) - Oct 01, 2011
- Legislators to decide party stand on Guru: Omar - Sep 04, 2011
- BJP not to support Akali Dal on Bhullar clemency - Sep 23, 2011
- BJP slams Omar for Afzal tweet, Congress silent - Aug 31, 2011
- Amarinder questions Badal's stand on Bhullar clemency - Sep 25, 2011
- Probe Sushma's links to Reddy brothers: Digvijay - Sep 05, 2011
- Omar believes IPL5 inaugural was 'tacky' - Apr 04, 2012
- Sikh group raps Badal regime in Bhullar case - Sep 29, 2011
- NC in dilemma over Afzal Guru clemency resolution - Sep 19, 2011
- Bitta condemns Akali Dal, Congress over Bhullar - May 31, 2011
- Kashmir assembly to take up Afzal mercy plea Sep 28 - Sep 17, 2011
- Afzal Guru should 'pay price', says Farooq - Feb 26, 2012
- BJP to protest if Afzal Guru not hanged - Sep 07, 2011
Tags: ally, bharatiya janata party, bjp, chaps, clemency petition, convict, death row, former prime minister, home ministry, jammu and kashmir, kashmir, kashmir chief minister, last ten years, liberation front, mocks, paul singh, rajiv gandhi, srinagar, tamil nadu, tweet