Omar gives nod to loans schemes for youth entrepreneursFebruary 1st, 2012 - 12:11 am ICT by IANS
Jammu, Jan 31 (IANS) Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah Tuesday gave his approval for ‘Youth Start-Uo Loan Scheme” (YSLS) under the state’s Sher-i-Kashmir Employment and welfare programme for Youth (SKEWPY) to increase employment opportunities for youth to set up business ventures.
A government spokesman said, in a release, that the approval was given in the fifth review meeting of SKEWPY here.
“The YSLS initiative under SKEWPY on the pattern of term-loan schemes of National Minorities Development and Financial Corporation (NMDFC) will make SKEWPY more inclusive and support entrepreneurs in an off-bank mode to get soft loans for launching self-employment ventures,” the spokesman quoted Abdullah as saying.
The chief minister said that the initiative could be implemented with target cases of 100 each in Kashmir and Jammu divisions within a time frame of two months. He said that the initiative will provide opportunities to the budding entrepreneurs to get hassle-free and simple loans on lesser interest rates.
According to the spokesman, the chief minister was informed at the meeting that more than 2,808 cases for establishment of entrepreneurship units have been sanctioned during 2011. Out of these, 2,411 have received about Rs. 70 crore financial assistance for launch of business.
The Jammu and Kashmir government had started SKEWPY, which mainly focused on stipends to the educated unemployed youth in the age group of 20-37 for generating employment and self-employment in December 2009.
Various kinds of grading has been done for the youth, who have studied upto class 10 and above. The monthly stipend would be Rs.500 to Rs.1,100 depending on the qualification of the candidates.
The government had come with this programme “to give a hope to the youth, feeling frustrated because of the shrinking chances of government employment”.
- Six lakh unemployed youth registered in Kashmir: Government - Mar 08, 2012
- Jammu and Kashmir's unemployed to get stipends - Dec 05, 2009
- Driving training for Jammu and Kashmir youths - Aug 01, 2012
- 'Multi-faceted strategy to address unemployment in Kashmir' - Mar 31, 2012
- Kashmiri Pandit youth unhappy with employment policy - Dec 06, 2009
- Omar defends rehabilitation policy for militants - Nov 25, 2010
- Share capital of minorities financial institution hiked - Jul 08, 2010
- Micro-financing empowers women in Jammu and Kashmir - Sep 09, 2012
- Share capital of Minority Development Corporation increased - Jul 08, 2010
- Government okays Rs.1,000 crore job plan for Kashmir - Jul 07, 2011
- New job plan for Kashmir to train 40,000 youth (Lead) - Jul 07, 2011
- Opposition stages walkout in Jammu and Kashmir assembly - Mar 22, 2010
- Zero-deficit Kashmir budget promises jobs - Mar 07, 2011
- Rs.150 crore for industrial development in Kashmir - Mar 16, 2012
- Kashmiri militants' wives, children can return under new policy - Nov 23, 2010
Tags: business ventures, government employment, government spokesman, jammu and kashmir, jammu and kashmir government, kashmir, kashmir chief minister, launch, loan scheme, loan schemes, national minorities, rs 500, self employment, soft loans, stipends, support entrepreneurs, target cases, term loan, unemployed youth, youth entrepreneurs