Omar Abdullah’s security breachedJune 10th, 2011 - 8:02 pm ICT by IANS
Jammu, June 10 (IANS) Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah’s security was breached in a border town of Ranbirsinghpora near here Friday afternoon when a police constable rushed toward him in a menacing manner.
The chief minister was here for an interactive session with newly elected panches and sarpanches (village council members and heads) following the panchayat polls in Ranbirsinghpora, 30 km west of Jammu.
While the arrangements were being put in place for the interactive session, the chief minister’s first in Jammu province, a constable rushed toward him but before he could reach him, the security guards tackled and pinned him down.
The constable has been identified as Sohan Lal.
The police sources said the cop was mentally unstable. But it is unclear if the constable was mentally not fit why was he placed in the security grid of the chief minister who is covered under the maximum Z plus security cover.
This is the second case of breach of security of the chief minister.
Earlier, last year a constable had thrown a shoe at him during the Independence day function in Srinagar on Aug 15.
That constable has been dismissed from service.
- Omar Abdullah's security breached (Lead) - Jun 10, 2011
- 82 percent voter turnout in second phase of panchayat polls in J-K - Apr 17, 2011
- For Kashmir panchayats, an endless wait for powers - Jul 11, 2012
- 'Triggered AFSPA debate to force its withdrawal' - May 07, 2012
- Kashmir Youth Congress marches for more panchayat powers - Aug 24, 2012
- Power will shift from secretariat to panchayats: Omar - Jul 01, 2011
- Jammu and Kashmir cabinet meets in remote LoC village - Sep 12, 2012
- Polling begins for second phase of panchayat polls in J-K - Apr 17, 2011
- Nomination process begins for Kashmir panchayat polls - Mar 23, 2011
- Bihar village heads to get good governance tips - Sep 08, 2012
- A Panchayati Kashmir: The importance of holding the Panchayat polls - Feb 10, 2011
- Kashmir panchayat members stage hunger strike - May 01, 2012
- Villagers welcome J-K Govt. decision to hold panchayat polls - Feb 15, 2011
- Rahul Gandhi arrives in Jammu - Sep 27, 2011
- Kashmir Congress elated as panchayat candidates win - May 18, 2011
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,