Olympics quarterfinalists from Haryana made police officersAugust 22nd, 2008 - 8:50 pm ICT by IANS
Chandigarh, Aug 22 (IANS) Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda Friday announced that all the four players from the state, who had reached the quarterfinals of their respective events at Beijing Olympics, would be appointed deputy superintendents of police.”A boxing academy will be established in Bhiwani town and a wrestling academy will be set up at an appropriate place in Haryana to promote these sports,” Hooda told media persons here.
“Cash reward of Rs.5 million will be given to Vijender Kumar, a boxer hailing from Haryana, for winning a bronze medal in the Olympics. Rs.2.5 million will be given to boxing coach Jagdish Singh as a mark of respect for coaching imparted by him to the boxers,” stated Hooda.
Cash rewards of Rs.2.5 million each will be given to boxers Akhil Kumar and Jitender Kumar and wrestler Yogeshwar Dutt, said Hooda.
Hooda said: “I hope that these incentives will act as motivation for these players to win more medals in the forthcoming Commonwealth Games. There is no dearth of talent in the rural areas of Haryana.”
- Haryana doubles cash rewards for Rio - Aug 26, 2012
- Haryana Police to give Rs. 51 lakh to Yogeshwar Dutt - Aug 23, 2012
- Olympians with Haryana connection earn millions - Aug 12, 2012
- Olympic winners get rewards, cars - Aug 26, 2012
- Haryana Olympics players to get over Rs.6.5 crore - Aug 16, 2012
- Haryana grooms sporting talent for India's future - Nov 29, 2010
- Deepinder Hooda wants sports university in Haryana - Nov 30, 2010
- Cash, cars, mobile phones, ghee - Haryana CWG winners take it all! - Oct 30, 2010
- Haryana announces Rs.2 crore for gold in London Olympics - Nov 01, 2010
- Haryana Olympians rewarded with Govt. jobs - Aug 22, 2008
- We want to make Haryana sport superpower: Hooda - Aug 30, 2008
- Haryana announces Rs.1.5 crore reward, land for Sushil - Aug 12, 2012
- Politicians vie with each other to honour Haryana Olympians - Aug 28, 2008
- Haryana to honour Bindra, olympians at Bhiwani Saturday - Aug 27, 2008
- Haryana government felicitates Asian Games athletes - Dec 22, 2010