Olympic rowing: Britain wins gold in lightweight women’s double scullsAugust 4th, 2012 - 6:22 pm ICT by IANS
London, Aug 4 (IANS) Britain lifted the lightweight women’s double sculls gold in Olympic rowing regatta at Eton Dorney Lake Saturday.
Britain’s Katherine Copeland and Sophie Hosking, who were silver medallists in the 2012 World Cup in Belgrade, clocked 7 minutes and 9.30 seconds, reports Xinhua.
China’s Xu Dongxiang and Huang Wenyi took the silver in 7:11.93. The bronze medal went to 2011 World Champions Christina Giazitzidou and Alexandra Tsiavou of Greece in 7:12.09.
- Danes snatch rowing gold from Britain - Aug 04, 2012
- Olympics: Indian rowers Sandeep-Manjeet in repechage (Lead) - Jul 29, 2012
- Olympic rowing: Sawarn Singh finishes 16th in single sculls - Aug 03, 2012
- Olympic rowing: Sandeep and Manjeet finish 19th - Aug 04, 2012
- Rowing world champion Drysdale eyes maiden Olympic gold - Jul 26, 2012
- Olympics: Indian rowers in sem-final - Jul 31, 2012
- Reaching quarters will be good: Indian rowing coach - Jul 20, 2012
- Olympics: Saina, Vijender, Jai Bhagwan keep India's hopes alive (Evening Lead) - Jul 29, 2012
- Olympics: Indian rowers out of medal contention (Lead) - Jul 31, 2012
- Olympics: Super Saina wins bronze, Manoj Kumar loses (Roundup) - Aug 05, 2012
- Olympics: Saina wins India's third medal, Paes-Sania out (India Intro Roundup) - Aug 05, 2012
- Superb Saina wins India's third medal at London Olympics (India Round-up) - Aug 04, 2012
- Three Indian rowers qualify for Olympics - Apr 29, 2012
- Olympics: Saina, Jai Bhagwan, Vijender add shine to India's campaign (Roundup) - Jul 30, 2012
- Olympics: Saina, Jai Bhagwan, Vijender add lustre to India's campaign (Intro Roundup) - Jul 30, 2012
Tags: alexandra, bronze medal, christina, copeland, dongxiang, dorney lake, double sculls, eton, greece, hosking, lightweight women, olympic rowing, regatta, silver medallists, sophie, wenyi, world champions, world cup, xinhua, xu