Olympic gymanstics: Mustafina wins first women’s gold for RussiaAugust 7th, 2012 - 12:00 am ICT by IANS
London, Aug 6 (IANS/RIA Novosti) Russia’s Aliya Mustafina became the Olympic champion in women’s uneven bars here Monday.
Mustafina scored 16.133, beating reigning Chinese Olympic champion He Kexin, who took silver with 15.933 points.
It was the first gymnastics gold for Russia in London and also the first women’s gold for the country.
Beth Tweddle from Great Britain took bronze, scoring 15.916 despite a poor landing.
- Olympic gymnastics: China's Zou Kai retains gold - Aug 05, 2012
- Olympics: Suhr soars over Isinbayeva, China still on top (World Roundup) - Aug 07, 2012
- Olympic gymnastics: Romania's Izbasa vaults to gold - Aug 05, 2012
- Olympic gymnastics: South Korea's Yang wins men's vault - Aug 07, 2012
- Olympic swimming: Russia takes synchronised team gold - Aug 10, 2012
- Olympic gymnastics: American Douglas pips Russians to gold - Aug 03, 2012
- Olympic gymnastics: Exquisite Kanaeva twirls for rhythmic gold - Aug 11, 2012
- Olympics: Silver medallist Afanaseva may quit gymnastics - Aug 08, 2012
- Olympic volleyball: Russia stun Brazil to win men's gold - Aug 12, 2012
- Olympic gymnastics: Berki slays Brits for pommel horse gold - Aug 05, 2012
- Olympics judo: Cuba's Ortiz wins gold - Aug 04, 2012
- Olympic gymnastics: Zou powers China to gold, Japan win silver - Jul 31, 2012
- Olympic gymnastics: Russia win rhythmic gymnastics gold - Aug 12, 2012
- Olympic equestrian: Dujardin prances to dressage gold for Britain - Aug 10, 2012
- Olympic gymnastics: Gold for Dong Dong in trampoline - Aug 04, 2012