Olympic diving : Chen retains 10m diving title in styleAugust 10th, 2012 - 2:48 am ICT by IANS
London, Aug 10 (IANS/RIA Novosti) China’s Chen Ruolin retained her Olympic title in the women’s 10 metre platform Thursday, demolishing the field with an exhibition of exquisite diving.
Chen, 19, won gold with a massive 58-point cushion as the real drama unfolded below her.
Brittany Broben of Australia won what was effectively a last-round dive-off for silver with just six points separating the next five competitors going into their final attempts.
Pandelela Rinong Pamg of Malaysia held her nerve for bronze.
China’s Hu Yadan, the world silver medalist, nailed the top dive of the competition in round four with 89.10, and followed it up with a final 86.40 but due to earlier mistakes she was out of the running and finished ninth.
- Olympics: Bolt retains sprint titles, US overtakes China in medal tally (Roundup) - Aug 10, 2012
- Olympic triple jump : Kazakhstan's Rypakova leaps to gold - Aug 06, 2012
- Olympic athletics: Kazakhstan's Rypakova leaps to triple jump gold - Aug 06, 2012
- Ethiopia's Dibaba retains 10,000m Olympic title - Aug 04, 2012
- CWG results: Day eight - Oct 12, 2010
- Rhode blasts her way to skeet gold, equals world record - Jul 29, 2012
- Olympic athletics: Felix wins 200m gold - Aug 09, 2012
- China grabs third diving gold at London Olympics - Jul 31, 2012
- Olympic shot put: Ostapchuk wins gold for Belarus - Aug 07, 2012
- Olympic cycling: Colombia's Pajon flies to gold in women's BMX - Aug 10, 2012
- South Korea's Kim takes shooting gold in 25m pistol - Aug 02, 2012
- Olympic: Zakharov breaks Chinese dominance for diving gold - Aug 08, 2012
- Olympic athletics: Sanchez storms to men's 400m hurdles gold - Aug 07, 2012
- Olympic athletics: Merritt hurdles to 110m gold for US - Aug 09, 2012
- Olympic javelin: Spotakova wins gold, retains title - Aug 10, 2012