Oil greed leaves 14 nursing burnsApril 17th, 2008 - 11:18 pm ICT by admin
Kurukshetra (Haryana), April 17 (IANS) The greed of a few villagers to steal automobile fuel from an over-turned tanker Thursday left 14 of them with nursing severe burns, five of them seriously. The tanker was set on fire by one villager, Ranbir Singh, who had a heated argument with another villager near here over who should steal oil from the tanker first.
As both men fought, Singh pulled out a matchbox and threw it on the oil that had spilled on the ground near the tanker.
Within seconds, all people around the tanker, including Singh himself, were engulfed in fire as the tanker caught fire.
Three of the seriously injured people were rushed to the Post-Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research (PGIMER) at Chandigarh, 100 km from here.
The other injured were admitted to the district hospital here.
The police officials here said that a case had been registered against Singh for endangering the lives of others.
Most of those who received burns were milkmen who were passing on the road where the tanker overturned.
Eyewitnesses told the police that some of the milkmen emptied their milk containers to fill them up with the leaking automobile fuel.
- 12 killed in Haryana accident - Aug 02, 2012
- 1 killed, many injured as LPG tanker explodes - Aug 28, 2012
- Engin Kocak drives a burning tanker out of a petrol station to save many lives - Mar 15, 2011
- 47 killed in two China expressway collisions - Aug 26, 2012
- Indian Air Force in Congo evacuates injured in tanker accident - Jul 06, 2010
- Over 100 dead in Kenya fuel pipeline fire - Sep 12, 2011
- Haryana officials to face action for delaying help - Jun 23, 2011
- Two killed in scrapyard explosion (Lead) - Dec 31, 2010
- Badal's wife passes away after prolonged illness - May 24, 2011
- Four burnt alive as trucks collide in Haryana - Jul 28, 2011
- Compensation for Kerala lorry blast victims - Sep 03, 2012
- Four killed as oil tanker hits tractor-trolley - Oct 06, 2011
- Toll in Kerala tanker explosion rises to 14 - Sep 01, 2012
- Another 26 NATO tankers burnt in Nowshera in Pak following air strike standoff - Oct 07, 2010
- A death that gave life to five people - Apr 21, 2011