Offie Sunil Narine in Dwayne Bravo captained West Indies ANovember 1st, 2011 - 1:01 pm ICT by IANS
St. John’s (Antigua) Nov 1 (IANS/CMC) Off-spinner Sunil Narine has been included in the West Indies A team, recognising his potential and his impressive bowling in recent weeks for Trinidad & Tobago.
The off-spinner is in the 13-member squad, captained by all-rounder Dwayne Bravo, to play Bangladesh-A in a home series starting Saturday in Antigua. The team has seven players with international experience and five from the West Indies High Performance Centre.
The 23-year-old Narine has appeared in only two first-class matches for the Red Force, but has been impressive in the shorter formats of the game.
He captured the Curtly Ambrose Trophy for being the most successful bowler in the just completed Regional Super50 tournament in Guyana.
Narine finished with 15 wickets at 11.86 from five matches, including a career-best of six for 48 against the Leeward Islands.
He also grabbed 10 wickets at 10.50 apiece to top the bowling averages for T&T; in the Champions League Twenty20 last month in India.
Dwayne Bravo (captain), Nkrumah Bonner, Carlos Brathwaite, Jonathan Carter, Rajendra Chandrika, Kyle Corbin, Shannon Gabriel, Danza Hyatt, Sunil Narine, Nelon Pascal, Veerasammy Permaul, Andre Russell, Devon Thomas.
- West Indies name 30-man provisional squad for World T20 - Jul 19, 2012
- Temperamental Benn among 30 probables for World T20 - Jul 19, 2012
- Six changes to Windies A-team for one-dayers against India A - Jun 27, 2012
- West Indies bring back Darren Bravo for T20 World Cup - Aug 23, 2012
- Smith included in squad for practice game against Australia - Mar 30, 2012
- Out-of-form Bravo released, Hyatt called up - Mar 29, 2012
- Sulieman Benn picked for Twenty20 matches against India A - Jun 22, 2012
- Narine undermines New Zealand as Windies win series 4-1 - Jul 17, 2012
- India A 22/3 chasing 186 to win first 'Test' - Jun 05, 2012
- India A dismissed for 190 in first one-dayer - Jun 28, 2012
- India A lose to West Indies A - Jun 28, 2012
- Sammy retained as Windies captain for T20s against England - Aug 24, 2011
- India tottering at 57/4 chasing 220-run target - Jun 12, 2012
- Best, Russell called up for Jamaica ODIs - Jul 02, 2012
- Windies pick rookies Mohammed, Narine for ODIs against India - Nov 17, 2011
Tags: bowling averages, brathwaite, chandrika, cmc, devon thomas, dwayne bravo, high performance centre, international experience, jonathan carter, leeward islands, member squad, narine, nelon, nkrumah, rajendra, rounder, trinidad tobago, twenty20, west indies, wickets