Official summoned over delay in projectMarch 7th, 2012 - 9:34 pm ICT by IANS
Shimla, March 7 (IANS) Taking note of tardy progress in a Jawaharlal Nehru National Urban Renewal Mission (JNNURM) project here, the Himachal Pradesh High Court Wednesday summoned the state Public Works Department (PWD) superintending engineer.
Passing the order on a petition, a division bench comprising Chief Justice Kurian Joseph and Justice D.C. Chaudhary asked the superintending engineer to report to the court whether the Auckland tunnel would be made operational by March 31.
The bench also directed the official to be present in court March 28.
The Auckland tunnel, being constructed by the PWD here at a cost of Rs.10.09 crore, is expected to help ease traffic congestion in the city.
- Court notice on JNNURM-funded Shimla tunnel - Jul 25, 2012
- Himachal court's directive on seats for women in buses - Aug 28, 2012
- Check taxis, trucks running illegally, court tells Himachal - Mar 05, 2012
- Himachal gets notice on private counsel for officials - Jun 20, 2012
- Himachal government asked for report on road projects - May 08, 2012
- Himachal directed to ban smoking at public places - Jul 24, 2012
- Student clashes: Court gives directions to Himachal varsity - Jun 21, 2012
- Currency case: Petition against Karmapa dismissed - Apr 25, 2012
- Himachal pulled up for inaction against corrupt officials - Aug 19, 2011
- Fix responsible for lapses, Himachal court tells official - Nov 18, 2011
- Himachal to have 'holiday courts' for employees - Jul 01, 2011
- 548 projects sanctioned under urban renewal mission - Mar 13, 2012
- Shortage of drug inspectors in Himachal irks court - Mar 21, 2012
- Hydropower project: Court notice to Himachal - Jul 30, 2012
- Himachal court concerned over tardy graft cases probe - Jun 17, 2011