Officers of state-run Oil firms threaten indefinite strike from Nov 18November 12th, 2008 - 7:59 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Nov 12 (IANS) Officers of the public sector oil companies have threatened to go on an indefinite strike from Nov 18, demanding improved pay scales.A press release, issued by the Oil Sector Officers Association Wednesday, said an earlier strike call had been deferred after the ministry of petroleum and natural gas recommended the demands of the association on improved pay scales to the department of public enterprises Oct 17.
“In the absence of any positive development”, the association has decided to start indefinite strike from 6 a.m. Nov 18, it said.
“The indifferent attitude of the government towards arresting the exodus of critical talent, it’s arbitrary pricing policy that has bled all the oil marketing companies to the point of bankruptcy and subsidy sharing by upstream companies are slowly but surely pushing the oil PSUs (public sector undertakings) to the point of no-return,” said the statement.
According to a ministry official, the strike call was surprising as talks were still on with the association, and nothing had been decided yet.
- Operation theatre staff strike work in Chandigarh hospital - Feb 06, 2011
- National Enquirer Files For Chapter 11 Bankruptcy - Nov 18, 2010
- Pranab hopes to meet Rs.40,000 crore disinvestment target - Nov 18, 2011
- Oil Public Sector Undertakings officers'' strike continues - Jan 08, 2009
- Will not close down Kingfisher due to losses: Ajit Singh - Feb 29, 2012
- 'Maharatana' status likely for ONGC, NTPC, SAIL, IOC - Jan 30, 2010
- Labour strike to cripple key sectors of Indian economy (Lead) - Feb 27, 2012
- Small and medium industries complain of neglect in UP - Feb 06, 2012
- Oil firms may be given Rs.12,000 crore compensation - Jan 15, 2010
- Operation theatre staff resume work at Chandigarh hospital - Feb 07, 2011
- India keen to invest in Sudan's oil projects - Oct 30, 2010
- Cash rich PSUs to invest in projects to spur growth - Sep 11, 2012
- Oil sector strike starts, refineries closed (Lead) - Jan 07, 2009
- 'People's strike' brings Telangana to a halt - Sep 13, 2011
- Deora meets Mukherjee on oil price hike, no decision taken - Jan 14, 2010