Odisha shivers as mercury dips to 5.4 degreesJanuary 14th, 2012 - 2:20 pm ICT by IANS
Bhubaneswar, Jan 14 (IANS) A wave of cold continued to sweep the state unabated with the morning and night temperatures slipped to below what is normal for this time of the season in several parts of Odisha, official said Saturday.
The forested Phulbani town in Kandhamal district recorded a minimum temperature of 5.4 degrees Celsius Friday night, the day’s lowest in the state, an official of the state meteorological centre here told IANS.
Similar low temperatures were recorded in at least six other districts. Minimum temperatures were 5.7 in Titilagarh, 6.1 in Sambalpur, 6.5 in Jharsuguda, 6.6 in Bolangir, 6.4 in Sundergarh and 6.2 degrees Celsius in Baripada, the official said.
The state capital Bhubaneswar and its nearby Cuttack, however, remained warmer, recording a minimum temperature respectively of 11.0 and 11.6 degrees Celsius, the official said.
The cold is likely to prevail over some parts of the state during next 24 hours, he added.
- Cold persists in Odisha - Jan 14, 2012
- Mercury dips to 3.6 degree Celsius in Odisha - Dec 22, 2011
- Temperature dips to 4 degrees Celsius in Orissa - Dec 24, 2010
- Orissa shivers through coldest day of season - Dec 21, 2010
- Mercury crosses 44 degrees in Odisha - May 14, 2012
- Cold wave grips Orissa - Jan 05, 2011
- Orissa cold wave: Phulbani coldest at 7.6 degrees - Dec 17, 2010
- Cold wave continues in parts of Orissa - Jan 04, 2010
- Mercury soars to 41.5 degrees in Orissa capital - Mar 19, 2010
- Cold wave continues in parts of Orissa - Jan 29, 2010
- Sunstroke toll rises to 36 in Odisha - Jun 12, 2012
- Cold wave grips parts of Orissa - Nov 25, 2009
- Cold wave continues to paralyse normal life in Orissa - Jan 06, 2010
- Mercury soars in Odisha, Titilagarh records 44.5 C - May 15, 2012
- Mercury touches 42 degrees in Orissa - May 04, 2011