Odisha peon found with Rs.70 lakh illegal propertyMarch 15th, 2012 - 12:10 pm ICT by IANS
Bhubaneswar, March 15 (IANS) Searches at the homes and offices of a peon and his family in Odisha have revealed that he had amassed property worth over Rs.70 lakh, an official said Thursday.
The anti-corruption wing of the state government had Wednesday searched the residential and parental houses of Prahallad Swain, a peon with the Board of Revenue Court, in Bhubaneswar and Dimbisara village in Nayagarh district.
His office and a photocopy shop run by his son in the premises of a court in Bhubaneswar were also searched, a senior vigilance official told IANS.
“We found that he has illegally amassed properties to the tune of over Rs.70 lakh,” the official added.
Swain, who has been working with the Board of Revenue Court here on a monthly remuneration of about Rs.9,000 for past three months, had been earlier employed in the tehsil office here for 20 years.
He owns a three-storey building in Bhubaneswar worth Rs.45 lakh, the official said. Gold jewellery, costly furniture and fixed deposits were also recovered, he said.
- After house, corrupt Bihar official's land seized - Nov 21, 2011
- Another corrupt official's house confiscated in Bihar - Nov 19, 2011
- Odisha reviews safety of anganwadi buildings - Jul 11, 2012
- Another corrupt Bihar official's home to house school - Dec 04, 2011
- Tainted Odisha official's farmhouse is now a farmers' centre - Dec 15, 2011
- Women's hostel opened in corrupt official's seized house - Jun 15, 2012
- Five children killed in school wall collapse in Odisha - Jul 09, 2012
- Odisha plans fund for treatment of poor people - Nov 23, 2011
- Rs.5 crore-worth assets seized from Madhya Pradesh sub-engineer - Dec 15, 2011
- Odisha hikes remuneration of home guards - Jun 12, 2012
- Chhattisgarh officer owns Rs.6 crore illegal property - Nov 26, 2011
- Madhya Pradesh peon worth Rs.12 crore - Dec 08, 2011
- Bihar cracks whip again, sacks corrupt official - Jan 24, 2012
- Ombudsman raids offices, homes of Deve Gowda's son - Oct 14, 2011
- BJD wins in Odisha - Mar 21, 2012