Octogenarian murdered in Delhi, house lootedMay 4th, 2011 - 12:48 am ICT by IANS
New Delhi, May 3 (IANS) An 87-year-old retired government employee was murdered and valuables and cash worth lakhs looted from his home by unidentified men, police said Tuesday.
The incident took place Monday evening when the victim, Om Prakash, was alone at his home in Ranjit Nagar area of west Delhi.
“Some unidentified men entered the house and slit his throat before fleeing with cash and valuables. Other family members, including the victim’s son, wife and grandchildren, were not at home,” a senior police officer told IANS.
According to police, Om Prakash was found in a pool of blood by his daughter, who lived nearby in Rajendra Nagar and entered the house by breaking a window as her father was not answering his phone.
“Prakash was a retired government employee and his son was a businessman,” the police officer added.
- Three held for murdering old man, looting his house - May 07, 2011
- Retired banker found murdered in Kanpur - Apr 16, 2011
- Three held for robbery in capital - Feb 09, 2011
- Two women, teen murdered in Uttar Pradesh - Aug 09, 2010
- Brother murders NRI sister - May 04, 2011
- Six arrested for robbery in Delhi - Jun 16, 2012
- Four arrested for murders in Kolkata - Sep 09, 2012
- Woman murdered in Gurgaon home - Dec 03, 2010
- Property dealer shot dead in Ghaziabad - Dec 24, 2011
- Two robbers kill woman and daughter, one held - Oct 13, 2011
- Teen held for killing four-year-old - Nov 02, 2011
- Dacoits loot cash, jewellery in east Delhi - Apr 17, 2011
- West Delhi area rocked by four robberies in 90 minutes - Jan 10, 2011
- Woman, three grand children slaughtered in Rajasthan - Apr 16, 2012
- Wife of Infosys employee found murdered in Bangalore - Aug 10, 2010